Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
Published: 11:35 PM, 27 February 2020
Local Muslims accused local police of being involved in a recent mosques blaze incident in the Indian capital, Delhi. US news media Washington Post published this in a report.
On Sunday, a protest against the controversial Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) of the Modi government caused a widespread clash between opposition and supporters. It then spread to extreme form and turned into communal riots.
Clashes between Muslim and extremist Hindus took place in different parts of north-east Delhi. Until the last news, 38 death cases have been reported. In addition, more than 200 people have been injured.
At least 3 mosques have been set on fire in Delhi. On the other hand, many houses and shops were also attacked and set on fire. Meanwhile, police have been accused of assisting the miscreants in the Delhi violence.
According to eyewitnesses, a Washington Post report said that the police were shouting “Jai Shri Ram” to join the raging crowd without attempting to stop the violence. At the same time, they fired openly.
Mohammad Abbas, 85, who looks after a small mosque named Farukia, told the Washington Post that a group of police officers attacked the mosque’s imam and him after prayers on Tuesday afternoon. He said policemen were abusing him as a traitor.
He said the police had vandalized the mosque and set it on fire before his eyes. Mohammad Abbas was then taken to a hospital. His whole body was bloody at that time.
“They have beaten me mercilessly,” he said. “My hand has been broken.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has not commented on the riot situation for the past few days. Finally, he made a statement on Wednesday and urged all to remain calm. PM urged people to maintain peace and brotherhood in Delhi.
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- Family of 4 all die of coronavirus in a week
- 327 Japanese left Bangladesh
- Youth slaughtered on his way home in Jashore
- Charles says pandemic is strange, frustrating and distressing
- Two drug dealers killed in Naogaon gunfight
- Former land minister Shamsur Rahman dies
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Kaptai
- Coronavirus test facilities in 5 hospitals
- Coronavirus claims 923 lives in Spain in a day
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Israeli health minister, wife contract COVID-19
- US coronavirus cases surpass 200,000, records deaths in a day
- Coronavirus: Death toll exceeds 47,000; infection over .9 million
- Army to go tough from today
- RPMP Police launches home delivery service
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 45,500
- Fake police caught demanding extortion
- Ctg woman who died in isolation ward tested negative for Covid-19
- 18 houses burnt in 20 minutes at Rohingya camp
- All courts to remain closed in 2nd phase holidays
- 4 woman killed in NY building fire
- Champions League suspended indefinitely
- Coronavirus infected woman journo shares 13 new symptoms
- Teenager dies in Bogura isolation
- Govt urges not to heed to rumors ‘If fever, police will take up’
- Helicopter`s door fallen down to house
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed