‘Police Week-2020′ begins
Published: 09:51 AM, 5 January 2020
A five-day ‘Police Week-2020’ begins across the country today with the theme “Mujib Barsher Angikar Police Hobe Janatar”.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to inaugurate the program at 11:10 am Rajarbagh Police Lines in the capital, informed Police Headquarters sources.
The premier is scheduled to inspect the parade and take salute (Salam) of the country’s different police units on the occasion.
She will handover awards to the police personnel for their outstanding performance, including heroic activities in cracking important cases, combating crimes, efficiency, dutifulness, honesty, and discipline, on the day.
Fourteen persons will get Bangladesh Police Medal (BPM-gallantry), 20 President Police Medal (PPM-gallantry), 28 Bangladesh Police Medal (BPM-Service) and 56 President Police Medal (PPM-Service) awards for their outstanding performance in their respective positions in their services in the last one year, he added.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will visit the stalls of the Police Women's Welfare Association at around 11 am on the first day of the inauguration of Police Week. Prime Minister's welfare parade will be held with the policemen at 11:10 am. The annual banquet will be held from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm at noon and 7:30 pm at night. All the events of the first day will be at the Rajarbagh Police Line.
On the occasion of Police Week, the President, the Prime Minister, the Home Minister, the Senior Secretary of the Department of Home Affairs and the Inspector General of Police (IGP) made separate statements.
The police week will end on January 10.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks