Poet Belal Chowdhury passes away
Published: 01:24 PM, 24 April 2018
Poet Belal Chowdhury
Prominent poet Belal Chowdhury passed away on Tuesday. He was 79.
He breathed his last at around 12:15 pm at Anwar Khan Modern Hospital in the capital.
Belal Chowdhury`s son Abdullah Pratik Chowdhury confirmed the information.
He said that his father died before putting off life support. Doctors have tried heart and soul, but it was not possible to save him.
Belal Chowdhury, the Ekushey Padak winning poet, was admitted to the hospital on November 2 last with various old age complications, including kidney problem and anaemia. He was put on life support since April 20 as his condition deteriorated.
Belal Chowdhury is one of the powerful poets of the 60`s.
He is also a prominent article writer and translator. He had long been served "Bharat Bichitra" as its editor published from Indian embassy in Dhaka.
He received the Ekushey Padak in 2014 and the Bangla Academy Literary Award in 1984.
Belal Chowdhury’s books include ‘Nishad Prodeshe’, ‘Atmoprotikriti’, ‘Sthirjibon O Nisorgo’, ‘Swapnabondi’, ‘Selai Kora Chhaya’, ‘Kobitar Kamolbone’, ‘Jabojjibon Sashram Ullase’ and ‘Batrish Nombor’.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus