Plot on to destabilize country hiking prices of essentials: Nasim
Published: 08:46 PM, 19 November 2019
A vested quarter is trying to destabilize the country through hiking the prices of essential commodities, alleged senior Awami League leader Mohammed Nasim on Tuesday.
“There’re examples of doing politics over the hunger in our country and a vested quarter is out to make the country unstable through hiking the prices of essential products, including onion, through syndication,” he said.
Nasim, also the spokesman of the Awami League-led 14-party Alliance, was speaking at a regular meeting of the combine at the ruling party’s Bangabandhu Avenue central office.
The price of onion, which shot to as high as Tk 260 per kg at the retail market, is now coming down following government’s strict measures taken against those involved in manipulating the market, the ruling party leader said.
He also said this vested quarter must not be spared as it is plotting to jack up the price of rice.
Talking about the Buet student Abrar Fahad murder, Nasim said those who failed in doing politics and waging a movement are trying to make gains out of the issue.
Referring to the BNP’s letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina demanding disclosure of bilateral documents signed with India during her visit to the neighboring country last month, he said, “The agreements are transparent. BNP doesn’t talk about the public sufferings. They only speak for their facilities while in Parliament. They sent the letter to hit headlines in the media.”
The 14-party alliance spokesperson also claimed that the Prime Minister never did anything against the state and will not do in the future.
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- TV umpire to call no-balls in cricket first
- Five robbers detained in Narayanganj
- China`s new high-speed train faster than air travel
- School changes Nurani’s life
- Child body recover from pond
- Admission faker detained in interview
- New high-speed train faster than airbus
- BNP does not believe in constitution: Dipu Moni
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Flower blooms with Azan
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married