Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
Published: 07:32 PM, 21 November 2019
Bangladesh captain Mominul Haque was unfazed by the extreme enthusiasm revolving around the maiden day-night Test between Bangladesh and India, stating that they would focus only on cricket, keeping aside those outside factors.
The historic Test will kick off at 1:30 pm Bangladesh Standard Time tomorrow and the Indian Army paratroopers will fly into the Eden Gardens to hand over a pink ball each to the two captains just before the toss.
This will be followed by the ringing of the customary Eden Bell by Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) will also felicitate the team members of Bangladesh-India first-ever Test in 2000, a game where Ganguly made his debut as Test captain. India legendary players like Sachin Tendulkar and others will also be facilitated.
The passion amongst the people is also palpable. Kolkata, termed as the ‘City of Joy’ had different places colored in pink as that seems to be the color of the day while the 22 storied TATA building and another 42-storied building will have 3-D mapping.
“I don’t think this should affect us in any way because as a professional cricketer, you should not think about this. You will do your work, I mean the organizers would do their work to make all the things entertaining outside of the ground and I will do my work to only focus on the cricket. So as a professional cricketer, I don’t think these things should divert us from cricket.” Mominul said on Thursday.
Mominul said as they are going to play the day-night Test for the first time, there is some excitement but he doesn’t want to let this affect their game.
“At the end of the day, you have to play cricket. There is nothing to think about the ball or other things,” he remarked.
“Yes, there is some excitement that as to how we would deal with the pink ball and how the pink ball will behave.”
- Myanmar failed to provide evidence against Rohingya genocide
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 33 detained in anti-narcotic drive
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Myanmar
- ‘Brutal massacre of Myanmar against Rohingya should be stopped’
- ‘Tragedies shouldn’t be heard at Hague’
- Myanmar people demo against state counselor
- US expects good result from ICJ: Miller
- Man accused in 13 cases killed in gunfight
- Keraniganj factory fire: Death toll climbs to 9
- Tight security at court premises
- Khaleda Zia’s bail hearing today
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today