Plane carrying 83 people crashes in Afganistan
Published: 05:47 PM, 27 January 2020
Boeing 737-400 of Ariana Afghan Airlines carrying more than 83 passengers on board is reportedly crashed in Ghazni province in Afganistan
Causalities are feared after a plane carrying more than 83 passengers on board is crashed and burst into flames in Ghazni province, a Taliban-controlled territory in Afghanistan, on Monday.
The Boeing 737-400 of Ariana Afghan Airlines went down in remote and mountainous Deh Yak district in the country’s eastern province.
According to the Daily Mirror, the fate of the passengers and crew was unknown and there were conflicting reports about the departure city and destination, but it was said to have been a domestic flight.
However, government officials could measure the loss or how many were injured. Many are believed to have been injured in the plane crash.
Daily Mirror also reported that members of the Taliban were seen at the crash site and attempting to douse the fire, and Afghan special forces were on their way to the spot.
There was confusion over the incident because the plane went down in such a remote area and Afghan officials faced security issues accessing the site.
Meanwhile, the airline rejected all the claims of the incident and said “its plane has landed safely.”
“There has been an airline crash but it does not belong to Ariana because the two flights manged by Ariana today from Herat to Kabul and Herat to Delhi are safe,” Ariana Afghan Airlines’ acting CEO Mirwais Mirzakwal told Reuters.
Earlier, three senior Afghan government officials said one of the state-owned airline’s planes had crashed in Afghanistan's Ghazni province.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks