Plan for Modern dry fish zone in Cox’s Bazar
Published: 12:49 PM, 8 March 2019
The government planned to set up a modern dry fish processing zone in the country’s tourist hub Cox’s Bazar aimed at introducing time-fitting dry fish processing method and ensuring supply of chemical and dust free dry fish.
“The modern dry fish processing zone and an Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) at a cost of Taka 258 crore would be established on 45 acres of land at Khurushkul in Cox’s Bazar by 2021,” State Minister for Fisheries and Livestock Ashraf Ali Khan Khasru told the correspondent.
Bangladesh Fish Development Corporation (BFDC) will implement the initiative under Ashrayan Project-2 of the Prime Minister’s Office aim to create employment among rehabilitated families with launching modern dry fish mprocessing method and ensuring production of chemical free dry fish locally known as Shutki, he said.
The project will be implemented by December 30, 2021, he added.
The government would also establish a modern fish landing station to collect quality raw materials and create markets for dry fish at home and abroad.
It is mentioned that the government has undertaken a special Ashrayan Project under Prime Minister’s Office at Khurushkul in Cox’s Bazar to rehabilitate families affected for expansion work of Cox’s Bazar International Airport.
Under the project, the government would construct a ice plant with having 50 tonnes capacity, fish landing and processing shade, 2,450 greenhouse based mechanical dryers, 50 semi modern mechanical dryers, two cold storages, quality control lab, fish mill and fish oil plant and machine room.
Besides, a dry fish market, multiplex building, conveyer belt (from Jetty to Landing Station), truck parking zone, packaging factory, electric substation and generator house, four toilet zones, ETP and 24 kilometer inland road network would also be constructed.
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- Man gets life term for raping teenager in Kurigram
- 10 dead, many trapped in Mumbai building collapse
- Why Patience is a Virtue?
- Mobile healthcare for flood victims
- Why railway crossing ‘death trap’?
- Monsoon rains wreak flood havoc across South Asia
- I am not a racist, insists Trump
- Rifat`s wife Minni arrested
- Flood affects 42 villages in Sherpur
- We have to stand against militancy: Monirul
- Someshwari river erosion continues
- Kader’s health test completed, doctors satisfied
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Before the last ball, I thought of Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Ershad laid to rest in Rangpur
- US Navy reports cyberwar skill as ‘National Miscalculation’
- Shakib in Harsha Bhogle CWC19 XI
- PM directed not to buy ‘DEMU’ train more
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Bijoy, Taijul call up for Sri Lanka series
- ECNEC clears 8 projects involving Tk 5,142.6 cr
- Ershad to be buried in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Ex-RAJUK chair Harun gets anticipatory bail
- Heat wave sweeping over Khulna, may spread
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Rohingya crisis: ICC delegation in Dhaka
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva