Philippines storm death toll tops 240
Published: 11:49 AM, 26 December 2017 Updated: 12:02 PM, 27 December 2017
240 people were killed in the Philippines due to a tropical storm ‘Tembin`
So far 240 people were killed in the Philippines due to a tropical storm ‘Tembin’. The information was officially announced on Monday.
News agency AFP said there are many people missing in this incident.
Tembin mainLY hit the southern and country`s second largest island, Mindanao on Friday. The towns of Tubod and Piagapo were also badly hit, while the remote village Dalama was wiped out by flash floods. The Tembin Storm made a second landfall in the Palawan archipelago.
Civil Defense officials said the death toll in the Zamboanga Peninsula in Mindanao increased to 78 and the number of deaths in Lanao Del Sur Province increased to 27.
Police said that at least 135 people died in the storm in the northern part of the island.
Rescue workers are continuing to search for 107 missing people in three areas.
At the end of last week, hundreds of houses were submerged and flown in a sudden flood. There is a possibility that many more may have died in landslide.
Civil Defense officials said at least 52 thousand people of 13,000 families of Mindanao were celebrating Christmas in the shelter camp.
- ‘No difficulty in Padma Bridge for coronavirus’
- Youth held for selling fake question paper in Lalmonirhat
- Appoint doctors in prison hospital’s vacant posts: HC
- Taposh’s manifesto promises to build modern Dhaka
- Moyna; a brave woman entrepreneur
- Mymensingh farmers busy cultivating Boro paddy
- Jet evacuates Americans from China
- New route being built on Dhaka to Ctg-Sylhet
- Shah Rukh Khan’s cousin Noor Jehan dies of cancer
- Japanese brings back 206 evacuees from Wuhan
- UAE confirms first coronavirus cases
- ‘Deal of the Century’ best betrayal of century: Iran
- Question leaker held in capital
- ‘Bollywood does not need international audiences’
- US dropped record number of bombs in Afghanistan
- Robbing with law enforcers identity, 3 detained
- Severe floods in Brazil leave 52 dead
- 7.7 quake hits Caribbean, Tsunami warning issued
- Jamal Bhuyan stood by the cold affecteds on street
- Kobe Bryant’s body among 3 identified
- 67 foreign observers in city polls
- Light rain or drizzle likely
- Coronavirus exceeds SARS virus
- AC Milan knock out Torino to reach Coppa Italia semis
- ‘I do not want coronavirus in Bangladesh, so I will not return’
- Coronavirus: Germany confirms 3 more cases
- Trump releases long-awaited Middle-East peace plan
- India faces NZ in 3rd T20 today
- Coronavirus death toll exceeding to 132
- 3 killed in Dinajpur road crash
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin fare Tk 15,000!
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 106
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- E-passport to be launched today
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- 3 US crew killed in Australia firefighting plane crash
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- Bangladesh meet Pakistan in 3rd T20 today
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- ‘Coronavirus will not enter Bangladesh’