Peru road accident kills 48
Published: 11:18 AM, 3 January 2018 Updated: 10:43 AM, 4 January 2018
At least 48 people were killed and six others wounded when a bus plunged off a cliff onto a rocky beach following a collision with a truck near the Pacific Ocean in an northern area of Peru`s capital Lima on Tuesday.
The accident happened on the Pan American Highway about 45 kilometers north from Lima in an ocean area, which is known as the "The Devil`s Curve".
According to highway patrol chief Dino Escudero, the bus was carrying 57 passengers, a driver and a female crew member from the northern city of Huaura to Lima early Tuesday.
The accident occurred when the bus collided with a tractor-trailer and fell off the cliff.
Local police said, at least 48 people have been found dead and 14 bodies have been sent to the morgue in the city of Huaral.
The emergency services worked to rescue the survivors and locate the deceased among the twisted irons of the bus before the tide covered the vehicle near Pasamayo.
The director of Alcides Carrion del Callao Hospital, Maria Elena Aguilar said that four injured have been hospitalized and two survivors transferred to other hospitals.
In a statement, Peruvian President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski said that it is a very sad for us as a country to suffer an accident of this magnitude.
Traffic accidents are common in Peru`s roadways. in 2016 there were more than 2,600 people killed in road accidents. in November there were twenty people were killed when a bus plunged off a bridge into a river in the southern Andes.
- Khulna Tigers earn stunning win over Challengers
- Citizenship Bill: Cops open fire in Assam, 3 dead
- Kathbirali gets censor certificate
- Painting contest to mark Bhasani’s birth anniversary
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe