People to enjoy 4G in 2018
Published: 06:09 PM, 1 January 2018 Updated: 10:23 AM, 4 January 2018
In the New Year Bangladesh is going to witness some milestone developments, which will increase the country’s telecommunication and information technology.
Bangladesh will launch country`s first communication satellite "Bangabandhu-I" and begin to introduce 4G/MNP (Mobile Number Portability) operator service.
Telecommunication minister Tarana Halim said that all the developments activities will be visible in 2018 when people can get the benefit of those. She also said the government is determined to bring the ultimate benefit of modern connectivity.
On November 11 the government signed an agreement with Thales Alenia Space, France to manufacture and launch the satellite.
The satellite acquired 40 transponders which will be able to serve SAARC Countries, Indonesia, and the Philippines, as well as Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan. One transponder is similar to 36 MHz.
The country spends around 14 million US dollar on satellite for television channels, telephones, and radio connectivity. After the launch of the satellite, the country will be able to save around tk 110 crore to tk 120 crore annually in foreign currency.
BTRC Chairman Dr. Shahjahan Mahmood said two new companies get the 4G/LTE license. But he was circumspect to reveal the name of the firms.
In the New Year, another feature is going to be added in telecommunication sector through the introducing Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service.
The BTRC handed over the MNP license on November 30 to the joint enterprise firm Infozillion BD Teletech Consortium Limited for offering the service in the country.
After getting the license, Managing Director of Infozillion BD Teletech Consortium Limited (IBTCL) Mabroor Hossain said we will be ready to offer the best service in March as per the licensing condition.
Perusing the way of Walton, another two local brands "WE" and "Symphony" are working for mobile handset assembling plants while Samsung has also shown interest to manufacture handset locally.
According to BTRC, annually nearly 3 crore handsets are sold in the country which is fully imported.
Prime Minister`s ICT Affairs Adviser Sajeeb Wazed Joy recently inaugurates "Daak Taka", a digital wallet of Bangladesh Post Office (BPO). The BPO has determined a target to connect over 3 crore unbanked people with the banking system by the digitized `Daak Taka` which requires only Taka 2 to open an account.
Anyone can make the transaction by using the digital wallet "Daak Taka" and purchase through the card, app, and other channels. Daak Taka users can also do the transaction with other financial entities.
Moreover, Bangladesh is going to part of another satellite dubbed "South Asian Satellite" initiated by India. Alongside with India and Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, the Maldives, and Nepal are responded positively to the satellite.
The satellite will design, build, launch and maintain for the benefit of South Asian countries in various fields including telecommunication and metrological aspects by the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
Moreover, a central monitoring system would also be installed for the 24-hour telephone connection, network operation, and maintenance.
- Greta slams `misleading` climate pledges at chaotic UN summit
- Afif seeks tips from Russell to be good power-hitter
- Six dead in hours-long New York-area shootout
- Momen leaves for India tomorrow
- Minority people are living in peace: Quader
- Three motorcycles suddenly on ablaze in front of High Court
- Avijit Roy killing: Court summons Bonya Dec 30
- BRAC, NF to build 50 learning centers for Rohingya children
- Dhaka pushes for support to deal with climate change
- Suu Kyi titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Govt works to increase trade ties with Belarus: Commerce Minister
- Myanmar people calling Suu Kyi a liar
- Premier Chess: Saif SC, Bangladesh Police maintain their lead
- Eat 2 Dates every day
- Access barred to National Memorial from Dec 12 to 15
- Cumilla starts BBPL with 105-run win
- ‘All registered parties should include ‘Joy Bangla’ slogan’
- Law enforcers will offset violence: Quader
- Kamal for low-cost net connections in Asia-Pacific region
- Bangladeshi among 5 killed in Saudi road accident
- US-Bangla Airlines with `Evelly Celluloid 71`
- 2 women detained with weed
- Mushy vows to keep up his good form in BBPL
- DNCC gets waste management system in 18 wards
- UGC orders all public universities to shut evening courses
- Internet blackout in Assam after Tripura
- Keraniganj factory fire under control, 1 dies
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Suu Kyi
- 10 killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Khoka, Selim Osman elected JaPa’s Presidium Members
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Trump calls Canada`s Trudeau `two-faced`
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- Former England captain Bob Willis dies
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- US House passed sanctions on China over Uighur issue
- E-passport within 3 days!
- Storm over new black hole issue
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash