People leaning to buy cold clothes
Published: 08:15 PM, 22 January 2020
Since the beginning of this month, cold wave sweeping across the country. So the demand for winter clothes has increased and Dhaka International Trade Fair also affected by this.
About half a hundred blazers and suit sales shops participated in the fair from different places of the capital including Nilkhet, Elephant Road, Mirpur, Bhasantek, Keraniganj. Most of these are from unfamiliar brands.
Many buyers said that many of those who could not buy blazers and coats due to high prices were waiting for the trade fair. Because of this fair, middle-class buyers get the opportunity to buy their desired coats and blazers at affordable prices. Sellers also pay different prices to attract buyers. Most of the shops are offering a discount of Tk 400 to Tk 600.
However, crowds at ready-made suit-blazer stalls have increased. Entering through the main gate of the fair, a number of coat-blazer stalls will be seen on the left side.
Although customers are gathering in the blazers and suit stalls few customers are seen in the other product stalls.
This year buyers are seen less compared to the previous year due to cold wave, Ijtema, and city corporation elections in January. So traders are waiting for the holidays. Because buyers and visitors come to the fair more in the weekend.
Hasan Ali, a leather goods dealer, said that this time they are struggling to pick up consumption money. He hoped the sale would be good on Friday and Saturday.
- Iran’s Vice President infected with coronavirus
- Delhi incident is a matter of national shame: Manmohan Singh
- Two traders killed after being hit by truck
- Happy Birthday Pop Samrat
- Earth’s any place accessible in three browsers
- Coronavirus finally under control!
- Today’s sports on TV
- Robber killed in Jashore gunfight
- 2 bullet hit bodies recovered in Feni
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Newly-elected Dhaka mayors Taposh, Atiqul take oath
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Saudi suspends entry for Umrah over coronavirus
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Delhi violence: Death toll rises to 34
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test