“Pay RMG workers’ bonus by May 30, salary by Jun 2”
Published: 10:28 PM, 23 May 2019
State Minister for Labour and Employment Monnujan Sufian on Thursday urged the garment owners to pay Eid bonus of their workers by May 30 and salary of May by June 2.
She made the call at the 42nd meeting of the Crisis Management Core Committee at the secretariat.
In reply, the RMG owners agreed to pay the Eid bonus by May 30 and salary of 20 days of May by June 2, said meeting sources.
“We’ve asked them (garment owners) to make the full payment if they can or else settle the issue following discussion with the workers,” Monnujan Sufian was quoted as saying at the meeting.
Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) President Rubana Huq said it will be beneficial for workers to get 10 days’ salary after the Eid festival as they will be able to bear their expenses with these.
She said all – government, owners and workers – do not want any unrest in the garment sector.
The BGMEA chief also called for working unitedly to maintain discipline in the garment sector and ensure uninterrupted production.
Acting Labour and Employment Secretary Ummul Hosna, Inspector General of the Department of Inspection for Factories and Establishments Shibnath Roy, Department of Labour DG AKM Mizanur Rahman, Industrial Police DG Abdus Salam and representatives of law enforcement agencies and workers’ organizations attended the meeting.
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Three countries went dark and no one knows why
- Egypt’s ousted president Morsi dies
- Don’t make pocket committee with opportunists: Quader
- 6 Most Surprising Mosques in Africa!
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- EC made all measures for fair polls: EC secy
- Enough money in banks, not for looting: PM
- Tk 15,000 cr supplementary budget for current FY passed in JS
- Stand for a while to lose weight, how?
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem denied bail, sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held