Paralyzed patient burned to ashes at ‘therapy room’

Dhaka, Wednesday   08 April 2020

Akash

Paralyzed patient burned to ashes at ‘therapy room’

 Staff Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 03:51 PM, 28 February 2020  

Photo: Symbolic

Photo: Symbolic

Mabia Begum, a paralyzed patient, started receiving therapy in an electronic machine in hopes of healing. Suddenly a fire broke from the room short-circuit. The paralyzed patient could not get out of the 'therapy room' immediately. She burned to ashes in the room.

The tragedy took place on Friday morning at Block-D 13 / G house in Banshbari area of ​​Mohammadpur in the capital.

Ershad Hossain, a duty officer in the fire service control room, said that Mabia, a paralyzed patient, lived with son on the fourth floor of the seven-storeyed building of the house. While giving therapy by an electronic machine at home, the fire broke from a short circuit. Then the fire caught the bed of the room. The burnt body of the woman was recovered after the fire was extinguished.

DailyBangladesh/PR