Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
Published: 01:27 PM, 26 February 2020 Updated: 04:16 PM, 26 February 2020
Shamima Nur Papiya; Photo: Collected
Shamima Nur Papiya used 12 Russian women to seize a huge amount of money from VIPs. She told this in a confessional statement on the first day of remand.
The VIPs’ immoral activities were captured in special cameras. Later, a huge amount of money taken from them by threatening to spread the videoes. Husband Mofizur Rahman Chowdhury Sumon assisted Papiya in these baits, according to investigating officers, quoting Papiya.
Investigating officers also revealed that Papiya and her husband Sumon formed a large network of illegal businesses in Dhaka and Narsingdi which even extends to Thailand.
She used foreign girls as well as native girls to entertain high-profile people at a luxurious hotel in Gulshan. They later seized a huge amount of money by intimidating them to spread the video clips contained in secret cameras. In fear of losing honor, those VIPs could not go beyond the words of Papiya and Sumon.
The numbers of many influentials were being saved on Papiya and Sumon’s mobile phone. They also had regular contact with those people, said two officials of police and RAB.
On the day of arrest, Papiya also threatened RAB officials by saying “the consequences will not be good”. She even tried to talk with some people on mobile phones at that time. But got no response. Later, mobile phones were taken from four people, including her, they also said.
While checking the call list, the phone number of some of the ruling party leaders were found, the two officials mentioned. “We are investigating them.”
Senior police officers questioned the couple several times at the Airport Police Station on Tuesday. During this, they also revealed many VIPs’ names.
“Papiya herself was actually a high profile,” an investigating officer told. “There is no such person with whom she is not acquainted. We are actually embarrassed to receive such information given by them during interrogation.”
They were questioned by some senior police officers of the Uttara Division. Papiya was silent for some time when asked. However, she answered the questions shortly after, he added.
Papiya mainly used young women for fraudulent activities. A month ago, she brought 12 Russian girls to Dhaka. From the interrogation, it was learned that some influential people helped her to bring them. Law enforcers are trying to find out those who assisted Papiya in the crime world.
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- BNP is not with people in coronavirus fight
- Legendary jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney dies of coronavirus
- Eight samples collected in Ctg, results afternoon
- Free Coronavirus test in DMCH, result in 3 hrs
- All Pohela Boishakh events cancelled
- Measures taken to meet milk, egg, fish and meat demand
- Coronavirus test in Rajshahi begins
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus claims lives of two US activists
- Lata Mangeshkar donates Rs 25 lakh to fight against coronavirus
- Pak legend sportsman dies of corona
- Temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Worker killed in Satkhira road crash
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Coronavirus is worst crisis since World War II: UN Chief
- 100 shops gutted in Khulna fire
- 3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
- Coronavirus alone took only 2.3 percent lives in Italy!
- Corona test at BSMMU begins today; result in 4 hrs!
- One more dies from coronavirus in country
- Buttler auctions WC final jersey to raise funds
- India coronavirus death toll rises to 45
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- 5 correct rules for mobile charging
- Jamie Day to provide food for 300 helpless people
- Taskin’s father waived fare of all renters
- Newborn named `Lockdown`!
- US records 726 corona deaths in 24 hrs
- Man dies at Isolation in Shariatpur
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium