Pandemic coronavirus death toll exceeds 32,000
Published: 08:02 PM, 29 March 2020
A coronavirus patient is being taken to hospital; Photo: Collected
The death toll from the pandemic novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, stood to 32,144 globally, in the meantime, the number of confirmed cases is rapidly increasing as a total of 683,640 people affected by the deadly virus so far.
The number of cases and deaths by coronavirus was reported until 7:55 pm on Sunday, according to Worldometer.
Earlier, the number of confirmed cases by the virus was reported 663,079 globally on Saturday where the death toll was 30,857. The virus took the lives of 1,143 people within 24 hours as the number of patients rose to 20,561.
Coronavirus was first detected in Wuhan City, China on December 31 last year. The prevalence of the virus has increased manifold since the beginning. United States is the most affected country by the virus till now, according to live data from Worldometer – where 123,828people were affected and the death toll stood at 2,229.
Italy is the next to the US in the case of infected, but the death toll is much higher than any country – 92,472 people infected from the virus with death toll exceeds 10,023.
On the other hand, no one has been infected with coronavirus in the past 48 hours, according to the report of the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) on Sunday. Earlier, there were a total of 48 cases – of them 15 people are recovered after treatment. “They were all mildly affected,” informed the IEDCR.
China is widely criticized for its coronavirus outbreak worldwide. Western media and politicians, in particular, have been pointing to China since the beginning. However, China has been fighting against the virus strongly since the beginning. In fact, many experts are said that if China had not handled the situation strictly from the beginning, the world situation would have been even worse.
Although the situation in China is now under control, many countries, including Italy, United States, Spain, Germany, are unable to bring down death cases.
It becomes a matter of perturbation as to how hundreds of people are dying every day. The death toll in Italy has exceeded 10,000 in just 36 days, according to estimates by the country’s Department of Health.
Doctors say the coronavirus can cause infections in the lungs of humans and animals. The virus is spreading from person to person through a cold or flu-like cough. The main symptoms of the virus are dyspnea, fever, cough, pneumonia, etc. Moreover, one or more organs of the body may become inactive which can cause death.
The only way to prevent the virus is to stay away from infected people. Therefore, Chinese scientists have suggested seeking doctors if such symptoms occur in the human body.
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 17 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Former health minister Nasim tests positive for COVID-19
- 16 more infected with COVID-19 in Rangpur
- India expels two Pak diplomats ‘for espionage’
- Nasim hospitalized, sample collected for COVID-19 test
- Barishal reports 40 new COVID-19 cases
- Father, son among 6 killed in lightning strikes
- Litchi market inaugurated in Dinajpur
- Offices of edu insts can remain open
- Rupganj reports 60 new coronavirus cases
- ‘Pather Panchali’ comes in colour print
- Writ issued seeking license revocation of United Hospital
- Ex-DIG Bazlur Rashid denied bail
- Delhi border sealed for a week
- BMP`s Addl. Commissioner infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus infected cases surge 1000 in Cumilla
- ‘No more than 25% officers can hold office’
- Everyone passed from tea-seller Khaleq’s school
- Budget session can be covered from Songsad TV
- Social distance not obeyed at Chandpur launch ghat
- Ovishar Cinema Hall at Tikatuli being demolished
- Sabbir denies allegation of harassing RCC cleaner
- Father and son killed in lightning
- Horn on duckling’s head stir in Pirgachha
- 112 overcome COVID-19 in Chakaria last month
- Tamim becomes WFP`s goodwill ambassador
- Armenian PM-entire family contract coronavirus
- Country to be divided into zones: Health Minister
- Global coronavirus deaths toll cross 374,000
- All News »
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- One dies, nine more test positive for coronavirus in Bhola