Pakistan hoping to host South Africa, Australia
Published: 05:42 PM, 2 January 2019 Updated: 06:43 PM, 2 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Pakistan are hoping to host top teams like Australia and South Africa in the near future after what is being seen as a successful trip by Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Ehsan Mani, to Johannesburg.
According to a reliable source in the board, Mani has held positive discussions with Cricket South Africa officials about them sending teams to Pakistan.
"Cricket SA officials have told Mani they will look into sending the South African Under-19, A, Women's and Senior teams to Pakistan over a period of time," the source said.
He said the PCB is also optimistic that Cricket Australia might agree to play one or two ODIs in late March-April in Lahore and Karachi.
''Things are looking bright after the positive response of CSA with regards to getting more international cricket matches in Pakistan,'' he added.
Since March 2009, when terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore, no top side has visited Pakistan due to security concerns.
But the source said that Mani had given the CSA detailed briefings on the improved situation in Pakistan and the strong security plan of the PCB for visiting teams.
Since September 2017, Pakistan has hosted the ICC World XI, Sri Lanka, and West Indies for shorts T20 series in Lahore and Karachi and it also held the finals of the last two Pakistan Primer League (PSL) in Karachi.
The newly appointed managing director of the PCB, Wasim Khan, has made it clear his main task would be to see the return of full-fledged international cricket to Pakistan.
Wasim, Who takes charge later this month, has said the PCB would be willing to allay the security concerns of visiting teams.
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Panchbibi
- 15 Day training for upazila info service officers begins
- Step against entrants with arms in airport
- CSK to field first aginst RCB
- Two students killed in road crashes in Munshiganj, Gazipur
- Bangladesh Archery team to fly to Bangkok Sunday
- Quader talks to physician
- 3 brands to spend 250 crores on Aamir
- Many `march for love` in New Zealand as mosques reopen
- Rowshan deputy opposition in JS
- 19 drug dealers’ surrender in Feni
- Kamal visits Mosharraf Rubel
- 8 Indian nationals extradited
- Schoolboy killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in C’nawabganj
- Jet Airways hangs flight to Dhaka
- Modi greets Imran Khan on Pakistan National Day
- Taskin chooses World Cup over his prolonged career
- Minister for Human rights violation free Bangladesh
- One killed in Gazipur road crash
- Rohingyas’ involve spreading crime
- Messi ruled out of Argentina`s next match with groin injury
- Case filed over killing of Bilaichhari upazila AL president
- IS ‘caliphate’ totally eliminated
- Water crisis in health complex
- Bipasha Hayat with family on birthday
- Finance Minister visit ailing Quader
- Quader’s condition improves, sleeping pills reduced
- Sheikh Hasina nominated lifetime DUCSU member
- 60 burned to death in a bus collision in Ghana
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed