Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
Published: 09:35 PM, 15 August 2019 Updated: 09:49 PM, 15 August 2019
An unannounced war between India and Pakistan has begun. Five Indian and three Pakistani troops were killed in firing on the border (Line of Control) on Thursday. The information was reported by Pakistani media Dawn, quoting Major General Asif Ghafoor, Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Pakistan.
On Thursday, the 73rd Independence Day is being celebrated across India. Meanwhile, the news of the casualty signaled the extreme regional unrest.
In a tweet, Gafur wrote that Indian forces provocatively targeted Pakistani armed forces to hide the Jammu and Kashmir issue. Three of our soldiers were killed in the attack.
Pakistan has responded to the firing. Five Indian Army personnel were killed in the responding fire. Many more were injured. Besides, more than one bunker has been destroyed. Since then, ‘He said the intermittent gunfire is going on the border.
Dawn has revealed the identity of three Pakistani army personnel. They are Naik Tanvir, Lance Naik Taimur, and Sipahi Ramadan.
Today, August 15 is being celebrated across India as Independence Day. On the other hand, Pakistan is celebrating as the 'black day' as India has recently taken away the special status of Jammu and Kashmir.
Earlier, on August 4, Pakistan protested strongly against the Indian government's withdrawal of special status from Jammu and Kashmir. Pakistan urged the UN Security Council to hold an emergency meeting, calling attention to the crisis arising in the region due to India's move.
India's move on the Kashmir issue has been described as a threat to peace and security in South Asia.
China on behalf of Pakistan has also urged the UN Security Council to hold a meeting on August 16 on the Kashmir issue. Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi commented on the upcoming UN Security Council meeting a "great diplomatic achievement" for his country.
- 8 projects including cancer centres in each division approved
- Iran supreme leader rules out negotiations with US
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Dhaka-Mymensingh train service resumes
- Shahid Kapoor’s 2nd marriage!
- Nirmal Purja set for final push in record 14-peak bid
- Traditional silk sector starts getting back lost glory
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Two brothers die from snakebite while sleeping
- NGO worker killed in Panchagarh road crash
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Gazipur
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- White House: A monstrous residence
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian