Padma Bridge now 3750 meters visible
Published: 04:35 PM, 21 February 2020 Updated: 06:41 PM, 21 February 2020
The 25th span of Padma Bridge was installed today at Jajira point of Shariatpur, making 3750 meters of the bridge visible.
On Friday afternoon, the 150 meters long '5E' span was installed on the pillar no. 29 and 30. Earlier, the 24th span of the bridge was installed on 11 February.
The work to take the span near the pillars by ‘Tian-E’ crane at Zazira point from Munshiganj’s Kumarbhog Construction Yard started at around 9am and reached at around 10:30 am, Assistant Engineer of Padma Bridge Humayun Kabir said.
With the installation of this span, 25 spans out of 41 were installed in phases.
Out of 41 spans of Padma Bridge, 35 came from China to Mawa and the rest will come in March. The rest will be installed by July 2021, the official added.
The work of Padma Bridge began in December 2014. China Major Bridge Engineering Co. Ltd is working to construct the main bridge and another Chinese company, Sino Hydro Corporation, is working River Training Works. The 6.15 km long bridge will be two-storeyed. The bridge is being constructed with concrete and steel.
- BNP is not with people in coronavirus fight
- Legendary jazz trumpeter Wallace Roney dies of coronavirus
- Eight samples collected in Ctg, results afternoon
- Free Coronavirus test in DMCH, result in 3 hrs
- All Pohela Boishakh events cancelled
- Measures taken to meet milk, egg, fish and meat demand
- Coronavirus test in Rajshahi begins
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 6 in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus claims lives of two US activists
- Lata Mangeshkar donates Rs 25 lakh to fight against coronavirus
- Pak legend sportsman dies of corona
- Temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Worker killed in Satkhira road crash
- Holy Ka`aba Sharif Tawaf resumed
- Coronavirus is worst crisis since World War II: UN Chief
- 100 shops gutted in Khulna fire
- 3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
- Coronavirus alone took only 2.3 percent lives in Italy!
- Corona test at BSMMU begins today; result in 4 hrs!
- One more dies from coronavirus in country
- Buttler auctions WC final jersey to raise funds
- India coronavirus death toll rises to 45
- Lost beauty of Bandarban restored
- 5 correct rules for mobile charging
- Jamie Day to provide food for 300 helpless people
- Taskin’s father waived fare of all renters
- Newborn named `Lockdown`!
- US records 726 corona deaths in 24 hrs
- Man dies at Isolation in Shariatpur
- Corona claims 3,126 lives in 10 hrs
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- School holiday draws to Eid
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- UN urges to ease sanctions against countries fighting COVID-19
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Prince Charles tests positive for Covid-19
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium