PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
Hasina- Schwab exclusive talks July 2
Published: 09:53 PM, 21 June 2019 Updated: 10:14 PM, 21 June 2019
PM Sheikh Hasina with Chinese President Xi: File Photo
Bangladesh and China plan to take their ‘strategic partnership’ to a new height when Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina visits the country next month.
Beijing has invited Prime Minister Hasina to pay an official visit from July 1-5 as both sides are finalizing things for the important visit, said UNB quoting an offocial.
The Chinese government also invited the Prime Minister to attend annual meeting of the “New Champions” which is known as “Summer Davos” to be held in Dalian on July 1-3.
It will be Sheikh Hasina’s first bilateral visit to Beijing following her party’s overwhelming victory in the last parliamentary election.
She will have meetings with President Xi and Prime Minister Li Keqiang and discuss ways to strengthen cooperation in broader areas. A good number of bilateral documents are likely to be signed during the visit.
Prime Minister Hasina is expected to have an exclusive meeting on July 2 with the founder and Executive Chairman of World Economic Forum (WEF) Prof Klaus Schwab in Dalian, said an official.
WEF Chairman Prof Klaus Schwab
She is also expected to be a panelist at a session on Cooperation in the Pacific Rim at the WEF Dalian.
Beijing has already placed five specific suggestions for deepening Bangladesh-China strategic partnership of cooperation with an emphasis on intensifying ‘strategic mutual trust’.
“First, we need to deepen strategic mutual trust and then we need to deepen economic integration,” Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh Zhang Zuo said at Cosmos Dialogue recently.
Other suggestions put forward by him were to deepen innovation and interaction, have stronger cooperation on experience sharing on security, and deepen cultural and people’s connectivity.
He said that China wants to join hands with Bangladesh to become good partners with equality and mutual trust.
Summer Davos, themed ‘Leadership 4.0: Succeeding in a New Era of Globalization’, is bringing together leaders from every sector and every part of the world to discuss how to cooperate on the challenges ahead.
Activities have been designed to provide Chinese cultural experiences at the program in Liaoning Province, according to the city's authorities responsible for the coordination of the event.
The “Dalian Night” will feature performances by well-known performing groups, including folk dances, acrobatics, Peking Opera, ballet and folk music.
The event venue and parts of Dalian will be covered with 5G signals, allowing participants to enjoy the convenience brought by 5G services and experience 5G technologies-supported applications like panoramic VR, and 5G plus 4K ultra-high definition television.
Globalization 4.0 represents fundamental changes in the global economy that are reshaping companies, communities and countries at an unprecedented speed and scale.
These changes are driven by environmental challenges, regional competition, economic disparities and technological disruption. They, in turn, require different forms of leadership and collaboration adapted to this new era of globalization.
Platform strategies and systems leadership are key business concepts behind the sweeping technological changes propelling the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Leadership 4.0 requires an understanding of how new champions that are gaining economic influence are disrupting and transforming current industry models.
WEF engages leaders who have the vision and values to shape the future in this new context.
The Annual Meeting of the New Champions is designed as the foremost global summit on innovation and entrepreneurship with more than 1,500 participants, 100 working sessions and community activities, along with the opportunity to engage in several new forum initiatives.
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- ‘My Masud appointed as Police’
- Sadarghat building collapse: Father-Son missing
- Boys in GPA 5, girls ahead in pass rate
- Chattogram range`s best OC Jahidul Kabir
- Quatar WC qualifiers: Bangladesh in Group E
- Nusrat got ‘A’ grade but fail!
- Ex-Songazi OC Moazzem indicted
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN