PM visits ailing Quader at BSMMU
Published: 04:03 PM, 3 March 2019 Updated: 07:16 PM, 3 March 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has visited Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) on Sunday.
Earlier, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal, Prime Minister’s Political Affairs Adviser HT Imam and Education Minister Dr Dipu Moni visited him at the hospital.
Quader, also the Awami League General Secretary, was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of BSMMU in the capital this morning, as he complained of breathing problem.
Later, the minister was shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of the hospital. A medical board, led by BSMMU Vice-Chancellor Prof Kanak Kanti Barua, has been formed immediately for his treatment.
Three blockages have been found in his coronary artery following an angiogram, said Professor Syed Ali Ahsan, chairman of the hospital’s cardiology department.
The condition of the Minister is ‘still critical and not out of danger’, he said while briefing reporters at the hospital.
Dr Ahsan said the minister’s condition is now better than the time when he was brought to the hospital. “But, his condition is still critical and not out of danger,” said the physician adding that he will be kept under intensive care for the next 72 hours.
- Indian entrepreneurs urged to invest in Bangladesh
- Britain votes in ‘Brexit election’
- BB new Executive Director Kazi Enayet Hossain
- 1 killed in Munshiganj wall collapse
- Twitter backs overhaul of social media to stem disinformation
- 2 killed in Rajshahi road crash
- Mashrafe focuses on next game
- 1 dies as workers continue hunger strike
- ‘Corruption in education sector will be eliminated’
- ‘No event under open sky on 31st night’
- Wheelchair cricketers eyeing to win title
- PM asks public servants to stay alert about graft, bribery
- Khulna to field against Chattogram
- DC’s gift to freedom fighters door
- Recruitment test of BB Officer General Dec 27
- Rajshahi secures comfortable victory against Dhaka
- 13 arrested over Rooppur pillow scam
- Kumar Bishwajit’s mother passes away
- Foreign Minister’s India visit postponed
- Lawsuits against 135 including Fakhrul-Rizvi
- ASEAN disappointed over Myanmar’s genocide defending speech
- Cough remedy by natural syrup
- Dhaka set 135 for Rajshahi
- Ali Ajgar’s generosity for poor people
- Rain suspends play in Rawalpindi Test
- Appellate Division rejects Khaleda’s bail plea
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 33 detained in anti-narcotic drive
- Myanmar state counselor titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Myanmar admits the army used excessive force on Rohingya
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- Chattogram Challengers unveiled Jersey
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Polio returns to haunt Malaysia after 27 yrs
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- US tightens sanctions on Myanmar army chief