PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
Published: 03:47 PM, 22 August 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday directed the authorities concerned to improve the standard of passenger services of Biman Bangladesh Airlines so that it can brighten the country’s image abroad.
“We hope you’ll uphold and enhance Biman's reputation by improving the standard of its services for passengers,” she said.
The Prime Minister was addressing a ceremony marking the induction of 'Gaangchil'’ to Biman fleet. This is the third Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner the national flag carrier has got.
The Prime Minister commissioned 'Gaangchil' by cutting a ribbon around 11:30 am at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka. She also boarded and inspected the state-of-the-art aircraft.
Describing Biman as a symbol of the country's independence, Sheikh Hasina said people across the globe can know about Bangladesh and respect the country through Biman as its aircraft fly various countries of the world.
The Prime Minister asked all involved with Biman to operate its flights sincerely being imbued with the spirit of patriotism.
Talking about the newly-inducted aircraft, including three Dreamliners - Akash Beena, Hangsabalaka and Gaangchil - she said it is the responsibility of all to take good care of the new aircraft her government procured for Biman Bangladesh Airlines.
“You’ll have to work (take care of) keeping in mind that these (aircraft) are the assets of the country,” she said.
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?