PM urges FFs to tell country’s Liberation War history to youths
Published: 09:24 PM, 29 January 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina addresses Q&A in the sixth session of the 11th Parliament - PID
Prime Minister and Jatiya Sangsad Leader Sheikh Hasina said today called upon the freedom fighters (FFs) to tell the history of the Liberation War to the youths as they could engage themselves in nation building inspired by the spirit of patriotism.
“I urge the freedom fighters to narrate the history of the Liberation War and the stories how they fought (against the Pakistani occupation forces during the Liberation War) to the children, teenagers, and youths marking the “Mujib Year” as they can develop themselves as strong-minded ones as they can love and build the country,” she said.
The premier said this while replying to a supplementary question from opposition JP lawmaker Kazi Firoz Rashid during the question-answer session slated for her at the parliament.
Replying to the question of whether the government has any plan to give medals to the freedom fighters marking the “Mujib Year”, she continued that medals had been given to the people who took part in the Liberation War soon after the country witnessed independence.
“Besides, my government gave certificates to the freedom fighters after the Awami League assumed office in 1996. I gave 70,000 certificates to the freedom fighters by signing those. Unfortunately, BNP had canceled the certificate after coming to power. But, many of the freedom fighters have still possessed those which are still effective,” she added.
The premier said they have given many honorary medals to the freedom fighters in recognition of their contribution to the Liberation War and have taken initiatives to give them allowances.
She said that after the assassination of the Father of the Nation in 1975, the freedom fighters feared to give their identities, adding that the situation is now over. “Now, they (freedom fighters) can say with pride that they are the freedom fighters,” she continued.
The premier said the honor the freedom fighters are getting is the best medal for them which they got for fighting to achieve the country’s independence at the directive of the Father of the Nation.
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- One victim of Narayanganj gas fire dies
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Gunmen attack in church kills 10
- Traffic resumes on Bangabandhu Bridge
- Rs 49 lakh fake note seized in capital, 8 held
- Jahanara finds way to do well in Australia
- Mashrafe walks to DU
- Abrar murder: Hearing deferred again
- Special event for ‘Concert for Bangladesh’
- India castoffs UN mediation proposal on Kashmir
- Ctg’s 5 flights landed in Dhaka
- Nine drug users shot dead in Afghan
- Separation can causes death
- St. Martin trawler capsize: Two more bodies recovered
- 3 held over Pathao driver murder in Ashulia
- Humanity regardless of community-religion
- Parvin Sultana’s ‘Tumi Eto Valo Keno’ released
- Nepal’s Foreign Minister due in Dhaka today
- Mahmudullah in rest, not dropped: Nannu
- Why Mustafizur gets Test call up?
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Manna: An era of leaving
- 4 ways to densify sparse eyebrows!
- BCL final on Feb 22
- Dry weather likely with partly cloudy sky
- Woman among 2 drug dealers held in Kashimpur
- Woman stabbed to death in Savar, underage step daughter held
- 7 charred to death as car caught fire after accident
- Coronavirus: China-returnee student admitted to hospital
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Soumya to get married this month
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500