PM urges Australia to continue pressure on Myanmar
Published: 12:09 PM, 27 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today (on Friday) sought continuous pressure from the Australian government on Myanmar to resolve the Rohingya crisis as well as humanitarian support for them during their stay in Bangladesh.
The Prime Minister came up with the call when Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop met her at her hotel suite here in Australia.
Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning on a three-day official visit to join the Global Summit of Women.
After the meeting, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque briefed reporters and said Julie Bishop was keen to know about her country`s role to resolve the Rohingya crisis.
The Foreign Secretary said the Prime Minister called for continuous pressure on Myanmar in addition to extending support to the distressed Rohingyas.
In the meeting, the Premier mentioned an agreement has been signed for repatriation of the Rohingyas and alleged that they (Myanmar) don`t deny of the pact, but are not implementing the agreement
The Australian Foreign Minister highly appreciated Sheikh Hasina for hosting over one million people of Rohingyas and added Australia remains very forcefully on the issue besides Bangladesh.
Julie Bishop also appreciated Sheikh Hasina terming her an inspirational and courageous leader of the world in women`s emancipation and empowerment.
Sheikh Hasina highlighted her government`s policy on women participation in the country`s political system and parliament in addition to administration, judiciary, law enforcement agencies and parliament.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, PMO Secretary Sajjadul Hasan, Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim and Bangladesh High Commissioner to Australia Sufiur Rahman were present.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties