PM urges Australia to continue pressure on Myanmar
Published: 12:09 PM, 27 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today (on Friday) sought continuous pressure from the Australian government on Myanmar to resolve the Rohingya crisis as well as humanitarian support for them during their stay in Bangladesh.
The Prime Minister came up with the call when Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop met her at her hotel suite here in Australia.
Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning on a three-day official visit to join the Global Summit of Women.
After the meeting, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque briefed reporters and said Julie Bishop was keen to know about her country`s role to resolve the Rohingya crisis.
The Foreign Secretary said the Prime Minister called for continuous pressure on Myanmar in addition to extending support to the distressed Rohingyas.
In the meeting, the Premier mentioned an agreement has been signed for repatriation of the Rohingyas and alleged that they (Myanmar) don`t deny of the pact, but are not implementing the agreement
The Australian Foreign Minister highly appreciated Sheikh Hasina for hosting over one million people of Rohingyas and added Australia remains very forcefully on the issue besides Bangladesh.
Julie Bishop also appreciated Sheikh Hasina terming her an inspirational and courageous leader of the world in women`s emancipation and empowerment.
Sheikh Hasina highlighted her government`s policy on women participation in the country`s political system and parliament in addition to administration, judiciary, law enforcement agencies and parliament.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, PMO Secretary Sajjadul Hasan, Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim and Bangladesh High Commissioner to Australia Sufiur Rahman were present.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- MBBS admission test today
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial