PM urges Australia to continue pressure on Myanmar
Published: 12:09 PM, 27 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today (on Friday) sought continuous pressure from the Australian government on Myanmar to resolve the Rohingya crisis as well as humanitarian support for them during their stay in Bangladesh.
The Prime Minister came up with the call when Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop met her at her hotel suite here in Australia.
Sheikh Hasina arrived here this morning on a three-day official visit to join the Global Summit of Women.
After the meeting, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque briefed reporters and said Julie Bishop was keen to know about her country`s role to resolve the Rohingya crisis.
The Foreign Secretary said the Prime Minister called for continuous pressure on Myanmar in addition to extending support to the distressed Rohingyas.
In the meeting, the Premier mentioned an agreement has been signed for repatriation of the Rohingyas and alleged that they (Myanmar) don`t deny of the pact, but are not implementing the agreement
The Australian Foreign Minister highly appreciated Sheikh Hasina for hosting over one million people of Rohingyas and added Australia remains very forcefully on the issue besides Bangladesh.
Julie Bishop also appreciated Sheikh Hasina terming her an inspirational and courageous leader of the world in women`s emancipation and empowerment.
Sheikh Hasina highlighted her government`s policy on women participation in the country`s political system and parliament in addition to administration, judiciary, law enforcement agencies and parliament.
Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali, PMO Secretary Sajjadul Hasan, Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim and Bangladesh High Commissioner to Australia Sufiur Rahman were present.
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- Ireland works on preparing graves in advance
- US Captain who raised alarm over coronavirus removed
- Body found in roadside ditch in Noakhali
- Coronavirus claims 950 lives in Spain 24 hrs
- Shakib to provide coronavirus testing kits
- 12 Bangladeshis infected with coronavirus in Germany
- Trump again tests negative for coronavirus
- Peacock walks on road sensing lockdown
- Record 5,968 deaths reported in 1 day
- France records 1,355 coronavirus deaths in a day
- Pollution cut results new stars from other galaxies in sky
- Third Bangladeshi dies of Coronavirus in Italy
- Coronavirus death toll exceeds 53,000
- 60,000 Gazipur families get 15-day food
- 190 at home quarantine, 10 released
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million