PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
Published: 07:28 PM, 19 July 2019 Updated: 07:49 PM, 19 July 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina; File Photo
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will attend a conference of Bangladesh envoys in Europe, the first of its kind, in the British capital of London on Saturday.
PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told that the Prime Minister will join the conference at a hotel in the British capital tomorrow afternoon (London time)
He said 15 Bangladesh ambassadors, high commissioners and permanent representatives posted in different countries of Europe will attend the conference.
They are — Abu Zafar (Austria), Mohammed Shahdat Hossain (Belgium), Muhammad Abdul Muhith (Denmark), Kazi Imtiaz Hossain (France), Imtiaz Ahmed (Germany) , Jashim Uddin (Greece), Abdus Sobhan Sikder (Italy), Sheikh Mohammed Belal ( Netherlands), Muhammad Mahfuzur Rahman (Poland) , Ruhul Alam Siddique (Portugal), Dr. S.M. Saiful Hoque (Russian Federation), Hassan Mahmood Khandker (Spain), Nazmul Islam (Sweden), Shameem Ahsan (Switzerland) and Saida Muna Tasneem (United Kingdom).
Foreign Ministry sources said the Prime Minister is likely to hold discussions with the Bangladeshi envoys in Europe on various issues and give them necessary directives.
The issues include enhancing Bangladesh’s image further in Europe, boosting trade and commerce and attracting more investment in the country.
Sheikh Hasina is expected to discuss with the envoys about the Rohingya issue, climate change, irregular migration, post-Brexit situation and its impact on Bangladesh as well as the celebrations of the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the golden jubilee of the country’s independence.
The prime minister left Dhaka for London this morning on an official visit to the United Kingdom to attend the envoys’ conference and other programs.
A Biman Bangladesh Airlines VVIP flight carrying the Premier and her entourage members took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport for London at 9:35 am.
Liberation War Affairs Minister AKM Mozammel Haque, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, PM’s Adviser HT Imam, Jatiya Sangsad Chief Whip Noor-e-Alam Chowdhury Liton, State Minister for Civil Aviation and Tourism Mahbub Ali and State Minister for Religious Affairs Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah were present at the airport to see the premier off.
Besides, the cabinet secretary, the chiefs of Bangladesh Army and Bangladesh Navy, the acting chief of Bangladesh Air Force, the dean of the diplomatic corps, the British high commissioner to Bangladesh and high civil and military officials were present.
The flight is scheduled to reach Heathrow International Airport in London at 3:55 pm (local time) today.
Bangladesh High Commissioner in London Saida Muna Tasneem will receive the prime minister at the airport.
At the advice of Bangladeshi doctors, the press secretary said, the Prime Minister will also receive eye treatment in London.
The Prime Minister is expected to return home on August 5, he added.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future