PM to accord reception to girls` soccer team
Published: 11:30 AM, 4 January 2018 Updated: 01:21 PM, 4 January 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will accord a reception to Bangladesh girls` football team at her official Ganabhaban residence on Thursday, for clinching the title of the inaugural edition of the SAFF Under-15 Women`s Championship.
PM`s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim confirmed the matter. He said, "The sports-lover prime minister will host the reception for the Bangladesh girls` football team at her official Ganabhaban residence at 3:30 pm today."
"The honourable prime minister has invited us to Ganabhaban tomorrow and we`re very much happy for it", Golam Rabbani Chhotan, Bangladesh girls` soccer team coach told reporters yesterday.
Bangladesh became unbeaten champions in the SAFF Under-15 Women`s Championship as they defeated India by 1-0 in the final at Birshreshtha Shaheed Sepoy Mostafa Kamal Stadium on December 24.
The hosts remained unbeaten, conceding no goals during the tournament. After crushing Nepal 6-0 in their first match, the girls beat Bhutan 3-0 and India 3-0 in the run up to the final.
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- 3 HC justices ‘barred from performing duties’
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter