PM seeks expatriates’ investment in food sector
Published: 09:36 PM, 4 March 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina sought investment from the expatriate Bangladeshis living in Britain in different sectors, particularly in food processing.
She said, “We always welcome the investment of the expatriate Bangladeshis and they can invest in food processing industries as there is a huge demand for processed food at home and abroad.”
The Prime Minister expressed this when Speaker of Tower Hamlet of London in Britain Ayas Miah paid a courtesy call on her at her Jatiya Sangsad Office on Monday evening.
The chairperson of NRB, SM Shekil Chowdhury, an organization of the expatriates, was present at the meeting.
PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters after the meeting.
The Prime minister said her government is setting up 100 special economic zones in the country for further industrialization and generating employment. “The expatriate Bangladeshis can set up food processing industries in these zones.”
On behalf of the Tower Hamlet, Ayas Miah extended heartfelt congratulations to Sheikh Hasina on her assumption of office as the Prime Minister for the fourth time.
The Tower Hamlet speaker also praised Bangladesh’s rapid development under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
He told the Premier, “Bangladesh is marching ahead with peace and stability under your dynamic leadership.”
“Bangladesh is now a role model of development in the world,” he added.
Ayas Miah said, “The expatriates Bangladeshis, particularly the third generation now living in Britain, are keen to invest in Bangladesh.”
The Tower Hamlet speaker informed the prime minister that they will name a road in London after former minister and ex-Awami League general secretary late Syed Ashraful Islam.
On behalf of the NRB, Shekil Chowdhury presented a “Sammanana Plaque” to the Prime Minister for her relentless efforts and dynamic leadership to develop the country.
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Priya`s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Tamim to lead Tigers in SL tour
- PM reaches London
- Mashrafe rule out of Sri Lanka tour
- Jamuna devours over 300 houses
- Municipal services halted in Mathbaria, extreme sufferings
- Kid drowns in Gabindaganj floodwater
- AL to hold joint meeting Saturday
- Minni sent to jail
- PM to join envoys’ conference in London tomorrow
- Tendulkar inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- ‘All must come forward to destroy Aedes mosquitoes origin’
- `Study in India` fair starts in Dhaka
- Cricket is not a sport: Russia
- ICC introduces new rule on substitute player
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Magnitude 5.5 quake jolts Bangladesh
- Humayun Ahmed alive through his speeches
- 13 human traffickers held in capital, Keraniganj
- Lilith’s trailer released
- Death toll hits 33 in Japan studio arson attack
- US sanctions on Myanmar not enough: UN
- Dengue check: DNCC skips holiday-leaves for two departs
- Truck overturned: Mother-son killed in Rohingya camp
- Rishan Farzi on five-day remand
- Expiry date, price must clear on drug: HC
- FaceApp occupies 15 crore subscribers’ gallery!
- Humanity for animal !
- Bangladeshis among 285 immigrants detained on Iran boarder
- All News »
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Stay alert to tackle flood: PM
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Bangladesh makes significant stride in poverty reduction: UN
- How to get HSC result
- 3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach