PM returns home
Published: 11:30 AM, 23 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home from London on Tuesday morning after wrapping up her eight-day official visit to Saudi Arabia and the United Kingdom(UK).
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka at 10:47 am.
Earlier, she departed from the Heathrow Airport in London at 8:00 pm (local time) on Sunday. Bangladesh High Commissioner to the UK Nazmul Qaunine saw Sheikh Hasina off at the airport.
Sheikh Hasina paid a two-day visit to Saudi Arabia from April 15-16 at the invitation of Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to join the concluding ceremony of a joint grand military exercise named "Gulf Shield-1" in the Eastern Province of Al-Jubail.
After attending the concluding ceremony of the Gulf Shield-1, the prime minister departed Dammam for London in the evening on April 16 by a special aircraft of the Saudi government to join the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) Summit.
On April 19, Sheikh Hasina attended the formal opening of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) and official welcome hosted by the British Premier Theresa May.
She also joined a reception hosted by Commonwealth Secretary-General Patricia Scotland QC and a presentation and reception followed by a dinner of Queen Elizabeth II in honour of Heads of Government and spouse or partners at the Buckingham Palace.
On April 17, she attended the Commonwealth Women Forum as a presenter at the session on "Educate to empower: making equitable and quality primary education and secondary education a reality for girls across the Commonwealth" at Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, Westminster.
Sheikh Hasina joined a high-level programme organised by Overseas Development Institute (ODI), a prestigious think tank of the UK, as the keynote speaker on "Development Progress of Bangladesh: Policy, Progress and Prospect" the same day.
On April 18, the premier attended an event titled the "Asia leaders` roundtable: Can Asia keep growing?" and joined the Welcome Reception followed by a dinner hosted by the British premier.
On the sidelines of 25th CHOGM, Sheikh Hasina held a bilateral meeting with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The UK chapter Awami League accorded a reception to the prime minister on April 21 at Methodist Central Hall in London for Bangladesh`s graduation to a developing country from a least developed one.
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Saroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- BNP candidate Siraj wins Bogura-6 by-polls
- Ebola death toll breaks 1,500 mark in DRC
- Liton sends Ikram back by direct hit
- Shakib gets 4, Afghanistan`s 5 down
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia