PM returns home tomorrow
Published: 11:20 PM, 22 April 2019 Updated: 10:53 AM, 23 April 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returns home tomorrow evening wrapping up her three-day official visit to Brunei Darussalam at the invitation of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah.
A special flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the premier and her entourage members is scheduled to land at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here at 7.45pm tomorrow (Tuesday).
She will leave Brunei for Dhaka around 5pm local time tomorrow.
Earlier, the premier arrived at Brunei International Airport in Bandar Seri Begawan, the Brunei capital around 2.35pm local time on April 21.
During the visit, she joined a number of programmes including holding bilateral talks with Brunei’s Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah after having a general audience with the Sultan and the Royal family.
She also took part in the opening ceremony of Bangladesh-Brunei Business Forum, on the second day of her visit on April 22.
The premier visited the Jame Asr Mosque and offered Asr prayers there and later attended an official banquet hosted in her honour by the Sultan at Istana Nurul Iman on the same day.
On the first day of her visit, she joined a reception accorded to her by Bangladesh community residing in Brunei.
On Tuesday morning, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will lay the foundation stone of new Chancery Building of Bangladesh High Commission at the Diplomatic Enclave at Jalan Kebangsaan in Brunei capital.
Later, she will visit Royal Regalia Museum.
Bangladesh and Brunei today (April 22) signed seven instruments for strengthening cooperation mainly in the fields of agriculture, fisheries, livestock, culture and sports, and the supply of LNG.
The instruments were signed after the official bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Brunei’s Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah at the Istana Nurul Iman, the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei, here.
The seven instruments – six MoUs and one exchange of notes- are the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Scientific and Technical Cooperation in the Field of Agriculture, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Fisheries, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Livestock, the MoU on Cultural and Arts Cooperation, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Youth and Sports, the MoU on the Field of Cooperation in the Supply of LNG, and the Exchange of Notes on Exemption of Visa for Holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports.
The premier proposed for formation of a regional economic forum involving five Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states of South and Southeast Asian region during her talks with Brunei Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah this (Monday) morning.
Briefing reporters after the talks, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque said the members of the Southeast Asian Cooperation Organisation (SEACO), the proposed regional economic forum, will include Bangladesh and the Maldives from South Asia and Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei from Southeast Asia.
Brunei Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah put emphasis on “just and permanent solution” to the Rohingya crisis during the bilateral talks with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“We should make all sorts of efforts so that the Rohingyas can return,” Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque quoted the Sultan as saying.
Besides, three business-level instruments were signed in presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the opening ceremony of Bangladesh-Brunei Business Forum at the Hotel Empire and Country Club here on (Monday) afternoon.
The instruments are – an agreement on cooperation between the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Brunei Darussalam (NCCIBD) and the MoU on the joint collaboration for provision of professional skills development and training in petroleum geosciences among Dimension Strata Sendirium Berhad of Brunei, Green Power Limited of Bangladesh and Department of Geology of Dhaka University.
The other instrument is – an MoU between Ghanim International Cooperation of Brunei and Nizam Group of Company of Bangladesh.
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- Light rain likely at many places
- Schoolgirl committed suicide for unable to see Star Jalsha serial
- Raw turmeric to boost immunity
- New Ebola outbreak in Congo amid coronavirus
- WHO will continue to cooperate with the United States
- Hearing on writ challenging bus fare hike today
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Raj Kapoor’s death anniversay today
- Lip shape helps to understand your partner behavior!
- 16 more contracted coronavirus in Feni
- Mother died to stop daughters’ quarrel in Barishal
- Coronavirus situation getting worse in Mumbai
- Child’s floating body recovered in Kushtia
- First ever virtual ECNEC meeting today
- Spain records zero deaths in last 24 hours
- George Floyd died of asphyxia
- 4 more tested COVID-19 positive at Domar
- Sylhet reports 49 fresh coronavirus cases
- COVID-19 cases in Chattogram exceed 3,000
- 2 individuals fined Tk 28 lakh for cutting hill in Chattogram
- Moscow eases lockdown despite infections continue to rise
- 4 more tested coronavirus positive in Jamalpur
- Coronavirus global death toll tops 376,000
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 17 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Former health minister Nasim tests positive for COVID-19
- 16 more infected with COVID-19 in Rangpur
- India expels two Pak diplomats ‘for espionage’
- Nasim hospitalized, sample collected for COVID-19 test
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000