PM returns home from Brunei
Published: 08:34 PM, 23 April 2019 Updated: 09:17 AM, 24 April 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home from Brunei this evening ending her three-day official visit at the invitation of Brunei's Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah.
A special flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 7:25pm.
The flight took off from Brunei International Airport in Bandar Seri Begawan, the Brunei capital at 5.15pm local time today.
Brunei Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Ali bin Haji Apong and Bangladeshi High Commissioner to Brunei Darussalam Air Vice Marshal (Retd) Mahmud Hussain were present at the airport to see the premier off.
Earlier, the premier arrived at Brunei International Airport in Bandar Seri Begawan, the Brunei capital around 2.35pm local time on April 21.
During the visit, she joined a number of programmes including holding bilateral talks with Brunei’s Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah after having a general audience with the Sultan and the Royal family and in the opening ceremony of Bangladesh-Brunei Business Forum, on the second day of her visit on April 22.
The premier visited the Jame Asr Mosque and offered Asr prayers there and later attended an official banquet hosted in her honour by the Sultan at Istana Nurul Iman on the same day.
On the first day of her visit, she joined a reception accorded to her by Bangladesh community residing in Brunei.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, on the third and final day of her visit, laid the foundation stone of new Chancery Building of Bangladesh High Commission at the Diplomatic Enclave at Jalan Kebangsaan in Brunei capital this (Tuesday) morning.
Later, she visited the Royal Regalia Museum.
Bangladesh and Brunei on April 22 signed seven instruments for strengthening cooperation mainly in the fields of agriculture, fisheries, livestock, culture and sports, and the supply of LNG.
The instruments were signed after the official bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Brunei’s Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah at the Istana Nurul Iman, the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei, here.
The seven instruments – six MoUs and one exchange of notes- are the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Scientific and Technical Cooperation in the Field of Agriculture, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Fisheries, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Livestock, the MoU on Cultural and Arts Cooperation, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Youth and Sports, the MoU on the Field of Cooperation in the Supply of LNG, and the Exchange of Notes on Exemption of Visa for Holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports.
The premier proposed for formation of a regional economic forum involving five Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states of South and Southeast Asian region during her talks with Brunei Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah this (Monday) morning.
Briefing reporters after the talks, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque said the members of the Southeast Asian Cooperation Organisation (SEACO), the proposed regional economic forum, will include Bangladesh and the Maldives from South Asia and Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei from Southeast Asia.
Brunei Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah put emphasis on “just and permanent solution” to the Rohingya crisis during the bilateral talks with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“We should make all sorts of efforts so that the Rohingyas can return,” Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque quoted the Sultan as saying.
Besides, three business-level instruments were signed in presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the opening ceremony of Bangladesh-Brunei Business Forum at the Hotel Empire and Country Club here on (Monday) afternoon.
The instruments are – an agreement on cooperation between the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Brunei Darussalam (NCCIBD) and the MoU on the joint collaboration for provision of professional skills development and training in petroleum geosciences among Dimension Strata Sendirium Berhad of Brunei, Green Power Limited of Bangladesh and Department of Geology of Dhaka University.
The other instrument is – an MoU between Ghanim International Cooperation of Brunei and Nizam Group of Company of Bangladesh.
- Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
- 30 killed as bus skids off road, bursts into flames
- 9 new HC judges to take oath today
- T20 WC Qualifier: Canada faces Nigeria today
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated