PM returns home from Brunei
Published: 08:34 PM, 23 April 2019 Updated: 09:17 AM, 24 April 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina returned home from Brunei this evening ending her three-day official visit at the invitation of Brunei's Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah.
A special flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 7:25pm.
The flight took off from Brunei International Airport in Bandar Seri Begawan, the Brunei capital at 5.15pm local time today.
Brunei Minister of Primary Resources and Tourism Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Ali bin Haji Apong and Bangladeshi High Commissioner to Brunei Darussalam Air Vice Marshal (Retd) Mahmud Hussain were present at the airport to see the premier off.
Earlier, the premier arrived at Brunei International Airport in Bandar Seri Begawan, the Brunei capital around 2.35pm local time on April 21.
During the visit, she joined a number of programmes including holding bilateral talks with Brunei’s Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah after having a general audience with the Sultan and the Royal family and in the opening ceremony of Bangladesh-Brunei Business Forum, on the second day of her visit on April 22.
The premier visited the Jame Asr Mosque and offered Asr prayers there and later attended an official banquet hosted in her honour by the Sultan at Istana Nurul Iman on the same day.
On the first day of her visit, she joined a reception accorded to her by Bangladesh community residing in Brunei.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, on the third and final day of her visit, laid the foundation stone of new Chancery Building of Bangladesh High Commission at the Diplomatic Enclave at Jalan Kebangsaan in Brunei capital this (Tuesday) morning.
Later, she visited the Royal Regalia Museum.
Bangladesh and Brunei on April 22 signed seven instruments for strengthening cooperation mainly in the fields of agriculture, fisheries, livestock, culture and sports, and the supply of LNG.
The instruments were signed after the official bilateral meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Brunei’s Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah at the Istana Nurul Iman, the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei, here.
The seven instruments – six MoUs and one exchange of notes- are the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Scientific and Technical Cooperation in the Field of Agriculture, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Fisheries, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Livestock, the MoU on Cultural and Arts Cooperation, the MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Youth and Sports, the MoU on the Field of Cooperation in the Supply of LNG, and the Exchange of Notes on Exemption of Visa for Holders of Diplomatic and Official Passports.
The premier proposed for formation of a regional economic forum involving five Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states of South and Southeast Asian region during her talks with Brunei Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah this (Monday) morning.
Briefing reporters after the talks, Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque said the members of the Southeast Asian Cooperation Organisation (SEACO), the proposed regional economic forum, will include Bangladesh and the Maldives from South Asia and Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei from Southeast Asia.
Brunei Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah put emphasis on “just and permanent solution” to the Rohingya crisis during the bilateral talks with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
“We should make all sorts of efforts so that the Rohingyas can return,” Foreign Secretary Md Shahidul Haque quoted the Sultan as saying.
Besides, three business-level instruments were signed in presence of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at the opening ceremony of Bangladesh-Brunei Business Forum at the Hotel Empire and Country Club here on (Monday) afternoon.
The instruments are – an agreement on cooperation between the Federation of Bangladesh Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FBCCI) and the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry Brunei Darussalam (NCCIBD) and the MoU on the joint collaboration for provision of professional skills development and training in petroleum geosciences among Dimension Strata Sendirium Berhad of Brunei, Green Power Limited of Bangladesh and Department of Geology of Dhaka University.
The other instrument is – an MoU between Ghanim International Cooperation of Brunei and Nizam Group of Company of Bangladesh.
- Panchagarh Express starts maiden journey
- PM opens 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges
- Yaba trafficking: Rohingyas as safe passage
- UN honors 12 fallen Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- 13th span installed, 2km of Padma Bridge now visible
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- Afghanistan beat Pakistan in 1st warm-up
- 25 inmates killed in clashes with police at Venezuela jail
- Nine killed in lightning strikes across country
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- 14 Bangladeshis among 290 migrants rescued in Libya coast
- 19 students die in Gujarat`s coaching centre fire
- Installation of 13th span on Padma Bridge today
- Inauguration of 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges today
- 120th birth anniv of Nat`l Poet being celebrated
- WC Warm-Up match: India, Australia to play today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Highest power generation recorded
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Offical theme song of ICC World Cup 2019 released
- Can Aditi fulfill her dream?
- Archer named in England World Cup squad