PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
Published: 11:45 PM, 20 August 2019 Updated: 12:01 AM, 21 August 2019
Indian External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar on Tuesday handed over a letter of invitation of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for her bilateral visit to India in the first week of October.
Jaishankar handed over the invitation letter when he met her at her official residence Ganobhaban.
Sheikh Hasina extended her thanks to Modi for the invitation and greeted him.
During the meeting, Jaishankar expressed their interest in enhancing cooperation in the energy sector, especially in the hydroelectricity project, to meet the growing demand of the energy in the two neighbouring countries.
"The hydroelectric project can be implemented effectively as the cost of this project is lower," Jaishankar said.
PM's press secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters after the meeting.
He said the Indian minister mentioned that the indo-Bangla relations have taken a new height during the last five years.
"Understanding and collaboration in different sectors have increased."
The Indian minister put emphasis on simplification of visits by the people of the two countries and increasing the regular contacts between the two friendly counties.
- 8 projects including cancer centres in each division approved
- Iran supreme leader rules out negotiations with US
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Dhaka-Mymensingh train service resumes
- Shahid Kapoor’s 2nd marriage!
- Nirmal Purja set for final push in record 14-peak bid
- Traditional silk sector starts getting back lost glory
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Two brothers die from snakebite while sleeping
- NGO worker killed in Panchagarh road crash
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Gazipur
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- White House: A monstrous residence
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian