PM reaches Bangkok en route to Sydney
Published: 05:28 PM, 26 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived Bangkok this afternoon en route to Sydney on a three-day official visit to Australia to join the Global Summit of Women.
A Thai Airways flight carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage members landed at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok at 4:50 pm local time.
Minister Attached to Prime Minister`s Office, the Royal Thai Government, Kobsak Pootrakol and Bangladesh Ambassador in Bangkok Sayeeda Muna Tasneem received her at the airport.
Later, the Prime Minister and the Thai Minister held a meeting and discussed issues related to bilateral interests, said PM`s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim.
After making a nearly two and a half hours stopover in the Thai capital, Sheikh Hasina will fly to Sydney by another Thai Airways flight at 7:20 pm local time.
The flight is scheduled to reach the Kingsford Smith International Airport in Sydney at 7 am local time (3 am BST) on April 27.
Earlier, the Prime Minister and her entourage members departed Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here for Sydney at 1:50 pm.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal, PM`s Advisers HT Imam and Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury, Jatiya Sangsad Chief Whip ASM Feroz and State Minister for Foreign
Affairs Md Shahriar Alam were present at the airport to see the Prime Minister off.
Besides, the chiefs of the three services, the PM`s principal secretary, the dean of the diplomatic corps and the Australian High Commissioner in Dhaka were present.
Sheikh Hasina will receive the Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) in Sydney with Vietnam Vice-President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
The US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award to Sheikh Hasina for her outstanding leadership in advancing women`s education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business/economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
In the Summit, Sheikh Hasina will highlight the government`s initiatives for women`s empowerment and mainstreaming them in the national development, Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) sources said.
The Prime Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with Australian Prime Minister Malcom Turnbull on April 28, while Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop will call on her in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel, where she will be staying during the visit.
Sheikh Hasina will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
She will leave Australia for home on April 29 and reach Dhaka in the early hours of next day.
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Afghanistan all out for 125
- China’s largest ever Picasso exhibition opens
- Rapist kept in jail as he refused to marry victim
- Wellbeing: 2 Hours of Nature a Week
- Heavy metals result of supernova explosion
- ‘I am working in life risk to fulfill Bangabandhu’s dream’
- Two Unique Mosques in Indonesia have a breathtaking Architect
- India-Pakistan World Cup statistics!
- Australia post 334 against Sri Lanka
- Air Chief left for France
- 14 post-election murder in India’s west Bengal
- Proposed budget is business-friendly: FBCCI
- Schoolboy killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Mushfiq injured in practice
- South Africa opt to bowl against Afghanistan
- SC ends 21 days shut tomorrow
- Tk 80,190 cr proposed for children in next FY
- Trump official pressed NASA on climate science
- `Govt takes step to prevent river erosion, water logging`
- DMP collected data of 6.2m people in Dhaka
- Stay updated with knowledge, training: PM to SSF PRSNL
- 298 killed in 256 accidents during Eid
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- BSF DG terms border killings as ‘unfortunate deaths’
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Light to moderate rain likely
- 36 people dead in India`s longest heatwaves
- US Baby cut out of murdered mother’s womb dies
- 3 BNP men including Fakhrul injured as stage broke at wedding
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- England turn around in World Cup
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Class XI admission results published
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- JS budget session begins today
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament