PM reaches Bangkok en route to Sydney
Published: 05:28 PM, 26 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina arrived Bangkok this afternoon en route to Sydney on a three-day official visit to Australia to join the Global Summit of Women.
A Thai Airways flight carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage members landed at Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok at 4:50 pm local time.
Minister Attached to Prime Minister`s Office, the Royal Thai Government, Kobsak Pootrakol and Bangladesh Ambassador in Bangkok Sayeeda Muna Tasneem received her at the airport.
Later, the Prime Minister and the Thai Minister held a meeting and discussed issues related to bilateral interests, said PM`s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim.
After making a nearly two and a half hours stopover in the Thai capital, Sheikh Hasina will fly to Sydney by another Thai Airways flight at 7:20 pm local time.
The flight is scheduled to reach the Kingsford Smith International Airport in Sydney at 7 am local time (3 am BST) on April 27.
Earlier, the Prime Minister and her entourage members departed Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport here for Sydney at 1:50 pm.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, Agriculture Minister Matia Chowdhury, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal, PM`s Advisers HT Imam and Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury, Jatiya Sangsad Chief Whip ASM Feroz and State Minister for Foreign
Affairs Md Shahriar Alam were present at the airport to see the Prime Minister off.
Besides, the chiefs of the three services, the PM`s principal secretary, the dean of the diplomatic corps and the Australian High Commissioner in Dhaka were present.
Sheikh Hasina will receive the Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) in Sydney with Vietnam Vice-President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
The US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award to Sheikh Hasina for her outstanding leadership in advancing women`s education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business/economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
In the Summit, Sheikh Hasina will highlight the government`s initiatives for women`s empowerment and mainstreaming them in the national development, Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) sources said.
The Prime Minister will hold a bilateral meeting with Australian Prime Minister Malcom Turnbull on April 28, while Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop will call on her in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel, where she will be staying during the visit.
Sheikh Hasina will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
She will leave Australia for home on April 29 and reach Dhaka in the early hours of next day.
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- British PM Boris Johnson remains stable in ICU
- 3 houses under lockdown in Cumilla
- Father-daughter killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Nation ecstatic over arrest of Bangabandhu`s killer Majed: Tofail
- Coronavirus affected JnU student on recovery process
- US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigns
- Directors Guild stood by drama directors
- Workers killed as truck ditched in Sirajganj
- Farmer who died isolation ward tested negative for coronavirus
- 39 new suspects in Ctg. found negative for COVID-19
- ‘No legal bar to execute Majed’s death sentence’
- First coronavirus case confirmed in Araihazar
- Coronavirus existence not found in four samples of Narail
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus