PM orders to coordinate wage structure for workers
Published: 05:24 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 05:56 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered to coordinate and solve the wage structure of garment workers.
In the chaos caused in the garment industry, the government has decided to coordinate the grades, as the readymade garment (RMG) workers are not getting the expected salary in some wage grade which was announced for them.
According to sources in the labor and employment ministry's conference room, the state minister for the Ministry of Labour and Employment Begum Monnujan Sufian will announce the wage for workers on Sunday.
According to sources, the government has set up a tripartite wage committee to look into the interest of the country's economy and to protect the interests of the garment industry and workers of this sector.
Based on the opinion of all concerned and for the workers' sake, the adjustment of wage grade 3,4 and 5 may be decided.
The decision has been taken after Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered to increase the wages at reasonable rates for the workers.
According to sources, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered the coordination of wage grade 3,4 and 5 with the addition of wage grade 1,2. After adjusting, the wages will increase at a reasonable rate in each grade.
In the context of the new wage structure, the garment workers have been protesting in different parts of the country, including the capital, for the last several days demanding payment of the promised wage and change of wage structure.
- Female UP member hacked to death in N’ganj
- Pakistan face New Zealand this afternoon
- 2 killed in Lalmonirhat road crash
- Two killed as bus falls into M`singh ditch
- College girl Phulon Rani dies
- DIG Mizan suspended
- 13 burnt in Patia gas cylinder blast
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties
- Fire at Cumilla EPZ
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Argentina and Qatar set for crucial Copa America match
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway