PM orders to coordinate wage structure for workers
Published: 05:24 PM, 13 January 2019 Updated: 05:56 PM, 13 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered to coordinate and solve the wage structure of garment workers.
In the chaos caused in the garment industry, the government has decided to coordinate the grades, as the readymade garment (RMG) workers are not getting the expected salary in some wage grade which was announced for them.
According to sources in the labor and employment ministry's conference room, the state minister for the Ministry of Labour and Employment Begum Monnujan Sufian will announce the wage for workers on Sunday.
According to sources, the government has set up a tripartite wage committee to look into the interest of the country's economy and to protect the interests of the garment industry and workers of this sector.
Based on the opinion of all concerned and for the workers' sake, the adjustment of wage grade 3,4 and 5 may be decided.
The decision has been taken after Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered to increase the wages at reasonable rates for the workers.
According to sources, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered the coordination of wage grade 3,4 and 5 with the addition of wage grade 1,2. After adjusting, the wages will increase at a reasonable rate in each grade.
In the context of the new wage structure, the garment workers have been protesting in different parts of the country, including the capital, for the last several days demanding payment of the promised wage and change of wage structure.
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- Final Supermoon of year occurs as asteroid zips close by
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal