PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
Published: 03:55 PM, 16 June 2019 Updated: 05:11 PM, 16 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday ordered for the promotion of army personnel considering their qualities such as patriotism, belief in the spirit of the Liberation War, leadership quality, professional efficiency, discipline, honesty, trustworthiness and loyalty.
The Prime Minister ordered this while addressing the inaugural function of the Army Selection Board, 2019 as the chief guest at Dhaka Cantonment this morning.
The Prime Minister said the present government has taken a number of measures to rise the morale of the army personnel. She highlighted various activities of her government to develop the modern and up to date defense system. Sheikh Hasina also urges the army members to maintain their patriotism, integrity and loyalty.
The Prime Minister hoped that the selection board will recommend the army officials for promotion considering their qualities such as patriotism, belief in the spirit of the Liberation War, leadership quality, professional efficiency, discipline, honesty, trustworthiness and loyalty.
She said Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman formulated the Defence Policy 1974. In light of the policy, the present government has formulated the Forces Goal 2030 to build a strong armed force for the country.
Bangabandhu is the first person who had ruled the country after taking birth in this soil, she said, adding that the people who ruled the country earlier came from another land.
Sheikh Hasina, the eldest daughter of Bangabandhu, said her government will complete the unaccomplished works of the Father of the Nation.
The premier said the government has relentlessly been working to turn the country into a ‘Sonar Bangla’ as dreamt by Father of the Nation by making Bangladesh a hunger- and poverty-free country where no one will remain hungry.
On her arrival at the venue, Chief of Army Staff General Aziz Ahmed received the Prime Minister.
PM’s Principal Secretary Md Nojibur Rahman, Defence Secretary Akhter Hussain Bhuiya and Principal Staff Officer of the Armed Forces Division Lt General Md Mahfuzur Rahman, among others, were present.
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- Drug peddler killed in Teknaf gunfight
- 28 killed in N. Afghanistan airstrike
- Heatwave in U.S. kills 6
- Rain likely to increase in next 72 hrs
- Bail hearing for Minni today
- Death toll hits 15 in Chinese gas plant explosion
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Not only diplomacy but economic issues should also be emphasised
- Over 22,000 rally in Moscow for fair polls
- Today’s sports on TV
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- Hong Kong actor Simon Yam stabbed on stage in China
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur