PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
Published: 03:55 PM, 16 June 2019 Updated: 05:11 PM, 16 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday ordered for the promotion of army personnel considering their qualities such as patriotism, belief in the spirit of the Liberation War, leadership quality, professional efficiency, discipline, honesty, trustworthiness and loyalty.
The Prime Minister ordered this while addressing the inaugural function of the Army Selection Board, 2019 as the chief guest at Dhaka Cantonment this morning.
The Prime Minister said the present government has taken a number of measures to rise the morale of the army personnel. She highlighted various activities of her government to develop the modern and up to date defense system. Sheikh Hasina also urges the army members to maintain their patriotism, integrity and loyalty.
The Prime Minister hoped that the selection board will recommend the army officials for promotion considering their qualities such as patriotism, belief in the spirit of the Liberation War, leadership quality, professional efficiency, discipline, honesty, trustworthiness and loyalty.
She said Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman formulated the Defence Policy 1974. In light of the policy, the present government has formulated the Forces Goal 2030 to build a strong armed force for the country.
Bangabandhu is the first person who had ruled the country after taking birth in this soil, she said, adding that the people who ruled the country earlier came from another land.
Sheikh Hasina, the eldest daughter of Bangabandhu, said her government will complete the unaccomplished works of the Father of the Nation.
The premier said the government has relentlessly been working to turn the country into a ‘Sonar Bangla’ as dreamt by Father of the Nation by making Bangladesh a hunger- and poverty-free country where no one will remain hungry.
On her arrival at the venue, Chief of Army Staff General Aziz Ahmed received the Prime Minister.
PM’s Principal Secretary Md Nojibur Rahman, Defence Secretary Akhter Hussain Bhuiya and Principal Staff Officer of the Armed Forces Division Lt General Md Mahfuzur Rahman, among others, were present.
- 2 killed as truck hit motorcycle in Chapainawabganj
- Many places may experience drizzle
- 96 new coronavirus deaths reported in China
- Spinach dilutes blood
- Human trafficker killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Coronavirus kills six in Iran
- Zimbabwe stuck in 265
- Two universities fined Tk 10 lakh each
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day