PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
Published: 03:00 PM, 12 February 2020 Updated: 08:50 PM, 12 February 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina addressed the inauguration ceremony of Sheikh Kamal IT Incubator and Training Centre constructed at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Hi-Tech Park in Rajshahi, cent percent electrification in seven districts and 23 upazilas and Feni 114-MW power plant. Photo: PID
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday inaugurated the Sheikh Kamal IT Incubator and Training Centre in Rajshahi through a videoconference from Dhaka.
The prime minister opened the Sheikh Kamal IT Incubator and Training Centre constructed at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Hi-Tech Park in Rajshahi through a videoconference from her official residence Ganabhaban this morning.
The centre was set up as a part of the government’s plan to establish such centres in all 64 districts aimed at building Digital Bangladesh and knowledge-based society and creating more employment.
From the same function, Sheikh Hasina opened cent percent electrification in seven districts and 23 upazilas as well as Feni 114-MW power plant.
The seven districts brought under the cent percent electrification are -Dhaka, Feni, Gopalganj, Natore, Pabna, Joypurhat and Meherpur.
The 23 upazilas brought under cent percent electrification are - Bagerhat Sadar, Nasirnagar in Brahmmanbaria, Alamdanga in Meherpur, Debidar and Manoharganj in Cumilla, Khansama in Dinajpur, Matherganj in Jamalpur, Jashore Sadar and Monirampur in Jashore, Terakhada in Khulna, Mirpur in Kushtia, Roypur in Lakkhipur, Kamalganj and Juri in Moulvibazar, Badalgachhi and Patnitala in Naogaon, Araihazar in Narayanganj, Jaldhaka in Nilphamari, Nakla and Jhenaigati in Sherpur, Ghatail in Tangail, Ranishongkoil in Thakurgaon and Chhatak in Sunamganj.
Local Government Minister M Tazul Islam, PM’s Advisers HT Imam and Dr Towfique-e-Elahi Chowdhury, State Minister for Power Nasrul Hamid Bipu, State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam, State Minister for ICT Division Zunaid Ahmed Palak, former foreign minister AH Mahmud Ali, AKM Rahmatullah, MP, Shahiduzzaman Sarkar, MP, and secretaries concerned were present at Ganabhaban.
PM’s Principal Secretary Dr Ahmad Kaikaus moderated the function, while ICT Division Senior Secretary ANM Zeaul Karim gave an overview on the development of Hi-Tech Parks including Sheikh Kamal IT Incubator and Training Centre, and Power Division Secretary Dr Sultan Ahmed made a PowerPoint presentation on the development of the power sector.
Project Director of Sheikh Kamal IT Incubator and Training Centre in Rajshahi Shafiqul Islam said that the 72,000 square-feet IT Incubator Centre with energy-efficient state-of-the-art office building has multipurpose training facilities, high-quality start-ups, rainwater harvesting and renewable energy sources.
“All sorts of business environment have been ensured for attracting investors from both home and abroad,” he said.
- Bengali Drama on Coronavirus issue
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19