PM opens Dhaka trade fair
Published: 01:17 PM, 1 January 2018 Updated: 09:31 PM, 3 January 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the 23rd Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF) on Monday, announcing the pharmaceutical products, including their raw materials, as the `Products of the Year` 2018.
After the inauguration, the Prime Minister went round different stalls of the fair.
The month-long Dhaka International Trade Fair jointly arranged by the Ministry of Commerce and the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
This year, about 600 stalls of different companies from home and abroad will display their products. A total of 520 stalls and pavilions, including 64 premium pavilions, 27 foreign pavilions and eight mini foreign pavilions, were constructed in the fair venue.
There are also 24 food stalls there. Spaces have also been allocated for one blood donation centre, two children parks, a maternity centre and one first aid centre.
About 43 companies from 27 countries are participating in the fair. The countries include India, Pakistan, China, Bhutan, Nepal, the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong and Arab Emirates.
Tight security measurers were taken for the month-long trade fair. Around thousand policemen will be deployed in the place of DITF and its adjacent areas.
The entire fair venue will be under CC camera to ensure safety and security of the visitors.
The fair, which will end on January 31, will remain open to visitors from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm every day. The entry fee for adults is Tk 30 and Tk 20 for minors.
The mega-event is held every year at Sher-E-Bangla Nagar in the capital city, west side of the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC), in order to showcase Bangladeshi products to boost exports. Last year, Bangladesh received export orders worth Tk 243 crore from the trade fair.
- Khaleda Zia’s bail hearing today
- Greta slams `misleading` climate pledges at chaotic UN summit
- Afif seeks tips from Russell to be good power-hitter
- Six dead in hours-long New York-area shootout
- Momen leaves for India tomorrow
- Minority people are living in peace: Quader
- Three motorcycles suddenly on ablaze in front of High Court
- Avijit Roy killing: Court summons Bonya Dec 30
- BRAC, NF to build 50 learning centers for Rohingya children
- Dhaka pushes for support to deal with climate change
- Suu Kyi titles ‘Rohingya genocide’ as minor issue
- Govt works to increase trade ties with Belarus: Commerce Minister
- Myanmar people calling Suu Kyi a liar
- Premier Chess: Saif SC, Bangladesh Police maintain their lead
- Eat 2 Dates every day
- Access barred to National Memorial from Dec 12 to 15
- Cumilla starts BBPL with 105-run win
- ‘All registered parties should include ‘Joy Bangla’ slogan’
- Law enforcers will offset violence: Quader
- Kamal for low-cost net connections in Asia-Pacific region
- Bangladeshi among 5 killed in Saudi road accident
- US-Bangla Airlines with `Evelly Celluloid 71`
- 2 women detained with weed
- Mushy vows to keep up his good form in BBPL
- DNCC gets waste management system in 18 wards
- UGC orders all public universities to shut evening courses
- Internet blackout in Assam after Tripura
- Keraniganj factory fire under control, 1 dies
- Rohingyas’ acute detest on Suu Kyi
- 10 killed in Somalia hotel attack
- All News »
- Salman-Katrina arrive Dhaka
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Tahsan marry to Shaon!
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Mithila’s name changed after wedding
- Salman-Katrina to inebriate BPL stage
- Srijit-Mithila’s honeymoon picture goes viral
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Miss South Africa crowns Miss Universe 2019
- 4 killed in Florida police shootout over armed robbery
- Romantic song featuring Siam-Pori Moni’s chemistry!
- Salman pays tributes to Bangabandhu
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rights groups call for Myanmar boycott
- 3 of same family incl couple killed in Tangail road crash
- 58 dead as migrant boat sinks off Mauritania coast
- France shuts down: Mass strike hits trains, Eiffel Tower
- Storm over new black hole issue
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- North Korea conducts ‘very important test’
- Holy Fateha-e-Yazdaham today
- `Miss Pakistan` killed in a car crash
- Sun yields its secrets to Parker Solar Probe
- Just 3 days ‘Tui Ki Amar Hobi Re’ crossed 1 million
- Chile military plane disappears with 38 aboard
- Grand opening ceremony of BPL today
- Indian rape victim dies after being set ablaze
- Three of a family found dead in Barishal