PM opens Dhaka trade fair
Published: 01:17 PM, 1 January 2018 Updated: 09:31 PM, 3 January 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the 23rd Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF) on Monday, announcing the pharmaceutical products, including their raw materials, as the `Products of the Year` 2018.
After the inauguration, the Prime Minister went round different stalls of the fair.
The month-long Dhaka International Trade Fair jointly arranged by the Ministry of Commerce and the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
This year, about 600 stalls of different companies from home and abroad will display their products. A total of 520 stalls and pavilions, including 64 premium pavilions, 27 foreign pavilions and eight mini foreign pavilions, were constructed in the fair venue.
There are also 24 food stalls there. Spaces have also been allocated for one blood donation centre, two children parks, a maternity centre and one first aid centre.
About 43 companies from 27 countries are participating in the fair. The countries include India, Pakistan, China, Bhutan, Nepal, the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong and Arab Emirates.
Tight security measurers were taken for the month-long trade fair. Around thousand policemen will be deployed in the place of DITF and its adjacent areas.
The entire fair venue will be under CC camera to ensure safety and security of the visitors.
The fair, which will end on January 31, will remain open to visitors from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm every day. The entry fee for adults is Tk 30 and Tk 20 for minors.
The mega-event is held every year at Sher-E-Bangla Nagar in the capital city, west side of the Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC), in order to showcase Bangladeshi products to boost exports. Last year, Bangladesh received export orders worth Tk 243 crore from the trade fair.
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- Police arrested rapist in ‘hojur’ impersonation
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Light to moderate rain likely
- Paris waiter ‘shot dead over slow sandwich service’
- Woman hacked dead, husband held
- 7 killed after ferry caught fire off Indonesia
- 63 killed, 182 injured in Kabul wedding blast
- Dozens feared dead or hurt in wedding party blast in Kabul
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Momo stares in Hindi film!