PM opens Bangabandhu’s birth centenary countdown
Published: 06:13 PM, 10 January 2020 Updated: 09:24 AM, 11 January 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated Bangabandhu’s birth centenary countdown nationwide at the National Parade Square, today.-PID
The countdown to the birth centenary celebration of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman began on Friday through a gala opening ceremony.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina formally inaugurated the nationwide countdown ceremony at the National Parade Square, where Bangabandhu landed in the newly liberated and sovereign Bangladesh on January 10, 1972. Sheikh Hasina opened it through unveiling the “Logo” of the Mujib Year to be celebrated from March 17, 2020 to March 26, 2021.
Through observing Bangabandhu’s birth centenary, the government aims to present the life and works of Bangabandhu before the people, especially the new generation.
With the inauguration, the countdown began simultaneously in every district, upazila and all public gathering places across the country.
Devices for countdown are being set up at different public places in the city, divisional cities, districts, city corporations and upazilas across the country.
Twelve city corporations have set up devices in 28 points while another 83 being set up in divisional cities, 53 districts, two upazillas and Dhaka city, including Dhaka University. Many ministries, divisions, departments, socio-cultural organisations and public and private universities are also setting up devices at their own initiatives.
Marking the 10th January, a symbolic C-130J aircraft of the historic Homecoming of the Father of the Nation landed at Tejgaon Old Airport, which is now known as the National Parade Square, at 04:35 pm. Famous song of Sondhya Mukhopaddhya 'Bangabandhu Tumi Fire Ele' was played after the landing of the plane, which was played on this day back in 1972.
21 Gun Salute heralded just after opening the door of the plane after its arrival at the tarmac the airport with a taxi.
About 150 people, including students of educational institutions, welcomed the plane, while nearby place of its exit door have been illuminated with LESAR light.
LESAR light slowly went down to the edge of the red carpet reflecting homecoming of Great Leader Bangabandhu as the lighting guide of the nation. A smartly-turned out contingent drawn from Bangladesh Army, Bangladesh Navy and Bangladesh Air Force presented a state salute on the occasion.
Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the countrywide celebration of the events digitally through pressing a button.
There will be an inauguration programme on March 17 this year where eminent personalities from home and abroad will attend.
For ensuring smooth celebration of the birth centenary, the government has formed a national committee and a national implementation committee.
Younger daughter of Bangabadhu Sheikh Rehana and grandson Sajeeb Wazed Joy were present at the National Parade Square with the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been made President of the national committee, while PM’s former Principal Secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury became the member secretary.
National Professor Mohammad Rafiqul Islam and PM’s former Principal Secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury have been made President and Chief Coordinator of the national implementation committee respectively.
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Ways to remove dirk circle under eyes in 10 minutes!
- Bangladesh under pressure losing openers
- 4 brick kilns demolished, fined Tk 14 lakh
- Khaleda’s bail plea rejected
- Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
- Mamata Banerjee’s poem amid Delhi violence
- Italy expats urged to stay uppermost alert
- Acid thrown to make Muslims eyeless in Delhi
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test