PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
Published: 11:45 AM, 30 November 2019 Updated: 04:18 PM, 30 November 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday inaugurated triennial council of Dhaka North and South City units of Awami League (AL).
Sheikh Hasina, also the AL president, opened the council as the chief guest by hoisting the national flag as well as releasing pigeons and balloons at the historic Suhrawardy Udyan this morning.
Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, Dhaka North City AL President AKM Rahmatullah and General Secretary Sadeq Khan and Dhaka South City AL President Alhaj Abul Hasnat and General Secretary Shahe Alam Murad were present.
This is the first phase of the council. In the second phase, General Secretary of the party Obaidul Quader will announce the new leadership at the capital’s Institution of Engineers Bangladesh (IEB).
Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League president Haji Abul Hasnat presided over council and North AL’s current president AKM Rahmatullah gave the welcome speech.
On Saturday morning, enthusiasm was noticed among the leaders surrounding the council. The important points of the capital is decorated with banners of the leaders, festoons and various colored lights.
There are a total of 45 thanas and 100 ward-union committees in the Metropolitan Awami League North-South. The councilor will be the president and general secretary of each thana. The name of the ward and union president and general secretary will be submitted to the thana’s president and general secretary. Among them, they will choose who will be the councilor and who will be the delegate.
Meanwhile, the council of the Krishak League, Jatiya Sramik League, Swechchhasebok League, and the Juba League has concluded. The new leadership has come in all the organizations. In the continuation of this, several policymakers of the party have given the importance of new faces that will be coming to the top leadership of metropolitan politics.
In this regard, Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader said at a program that the part president will evaluate those who sacrificed for the party, have clean images, no controversial activities.
Dhaka Metropolitan South Awami League general secretary Shah Alam Murad told Daily Bangladesh, “We expect the leaders to come in leadership who have the strong ideal of Bangabandhu and Sheikh Hasina, dedicated, honest, friendly among activists.”
The last council of undivided Dhaka City Awami League was held on December 27 in 2012, but the committee was announced on April 10 in 2016 after splitting into two units in 2015.
- Bangladesh gear up for Test series in Pakistan
- Axiata appoints new deputy group CEO
- Yuvraj, Wasim to join Australia bushfire relief match
- Month of Jamadi-us-Sani begins tomorrow
- Petition filed seeking cancellation of Tabith Awal’s candidature
- One killed in Panchagarh clash
- Unexploded mortar shell recovered in Cumilla
- Common people’s uplift is prerequisite to country’s development: PM
- Businessman electrocuted in Trishal
- 3 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Shakib-Apu to pair again!
- Body found at chicken farm in Bogura
- ‘Marketing Cup’ to commemorate Birth Centenary of Bangabandhu
- Unidentified body found in Cumilla
- 48 No Ward AL rebel candidate fired
- Housewife commits suicide in Pirojpur
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack