PM leaves for Australia tomorrow
Published: 12:41 PM, 25 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to leave Dhaka on Thursday on a three-day official visit to Australia to join Global Summit of Women in Sydney.
The Prime Minister will go to Sydney by a Thai Airways Flight tomorrow afternoon and reach there on Friday morning.
Sheikh Hasina will be conferred Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) with Vietnam Vice President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award for Sheikh Hasina`s leadership in women`s education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business or economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
In the Summit, the Prime Minister will highlight the government`s initiatives for women`s empowerment and mainstreaming them in the national development, Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) sources said.
The Prime Minister will hold bilateral Meeting with the Prime Minister of Australia Malcom Turnbull on April 28.
Julie Bishop, foreign minister of Australia will call on Prime Minister in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel where she will be staying during the visit.
Sheikh Hasina will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
The Prime Minister will leave Australia for home on April 29 and reach Dhaka on the next day.
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Saroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- BNP candidate Siraj wins Bogura-6 by-polls
- Ebola death toll breaks 1,500 mark in DRC
- Liton sends Ikram back by direct hit
- Shakib gets 4, Afghanistan`s 5 down
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia