PM leaves for Australia today
Published: 10:47 AM, 26 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina leaves Dhaka today on a three-day official visit to Australia to join Global Summit of Women in Sydney.
In the Summit the Prime Minister will be conferred Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018.
The Prime Minister will depart Dhaka by a Thai Airways Flight this afternoon and reach Sydney in the morning on April 27.
Sheikh Hasina will receive the Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) with Vietnam Vice President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award for Sheikh Hasina`s leadership in women`s education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business/economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
In the Summit the Prime Minister will highlight the government`s initiatives for women`s empowerment and be mainstreaming them in the national development, Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) sources said.
The Prime Minister will hold bilateral Meeting with the Prime Minister of Australia Malcom Turnbull on April 28.
Julie Bishop, foreign minister of Australia will call on Prime Minister in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel where she will be staying during the visit.
Sheikh Hasina will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
She will leave Australia for home on April 29, 2018, and reach Dhaka on the next day.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today