PM leaves for Australia today
Published: 10:47 AM, 26 April 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina leaves Dhaka today on a three-day official visit to Australia to join Global Summit of Women in Sydney.
In the Summit the Prime Minister will be conferred Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018.
The Prime Minister will depart Dhaka by a Thai Airways Flight this afternoon and reach Sydney in the morning on April 27.
Sheikh Hasina will receive the Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) with Vietnam Vice President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award for Sheikh Hasina`s leadership in women`s education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business/economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
In the Summit the Prime Minister will highlight the government`s initiatives for women`s empowerment and be mainstreaming them in the national development, Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) sources said.
The Prime Minister will hold bilateral Meeting with the Prime Minister of Australia Malcom Turnbull on April 28.
Julie Bishop, foreign minister of Australia will call on Prime Minister in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel where she will be staying during the visit.
Sheikh Hasina will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
She will leave Australia for home on April 29, 2018, and reach Dhaka on the next day.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties