PM leaves Bangkok for Sydney
Published: 07:38 PM, 26 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina; File Photo
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina left Bangkok this evening for Sydney on a three-day official visit to Australia to join the Global Summit of Women.
The Prime Minister made a two and a half hours stopover in the Thai capital en route to Sydney.
A Thai Airways flight carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage members departed Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok at 7:30 pm local time.
Kobsak Pootrakol, minister attached to Prime Minister`s Office, the Royal Thai Government and Bangladesh Ambassador in Bangkok Sayeeda Muna Tasneem saw the Prime Minister off at the airport.
The flight is scheduled to reach Kingsford Smith International Airport in Sydney at 7:20 am local time (3:20 am BST) on April 27.
Sheikh Hasina will receive the Global Women`s Leadership Award-2018 on Friday at a ceremony at International Convention Centre (ICC) in Sydney with Vietnam Vice President Thi Ngoc Thinh and former President of Kosovo Atifete Jahjaga.
The US-based Global Summit of Women is giving the award to Sheikh Hasina for her outstanding leadership in advancing women`s education and entrepreneurship in Bangladesh.
Global Women Summit is an annual international gathering of women leaders from around the world on business/economic issues, and Chair of Corporate Women Directors International (CWDI), promoting the increased participation of women on corporate boards globally.
Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) sources said Sheikh Hasina will highlight the government`s initiatives for women`s empowerment and mainstreaming them in the national development in the summit.
Sheikh Hasina will hold a bilateral meeting with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull on April 28, while Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop will call on her in the Intercontinental Sydney Hotel where she will be staying during the visit.
She will also visit Western Sydney University and join a community event at Sofitel Hotel on April 28.
The Prime Minister will leave Australia for home on April 29 and reach Dhaka in the early hours of next day.
Earlier, the Prime Minister and her entourage members left Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka for Sydney at 1:50 pm.
Industries Minister Amir Hossain Amu, Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal, PM`s Advisers HT Imam and Iqbal Sobhan Chowdhury, Jatiya Sangsad Chief Whip ASM Feroz and State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam were present at the airport to see the Prime Minister off.
Besides, the chiefs of the three services, the PM`s principal secretary, the dean of the diplomatic corps and the Australian High Commissioner to Bangladesh were present.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh