PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
Published: 08:50 PM, 17 November 2019 Updated: 08:52 PM, 17 November 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today visited `Dubai Air Show-2019` at Dubai World Center - PID
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today witnessed the eye-catching aerobatic air display as she joined the grand opening ceremony of the five-day Dubai air show here this afternoon.
The Bangladesh premier passed her time in glee, seeing the gleaming opening ceremony of the five-day 16th biennial “Dubai Air Show-2019.
The air show was kicked off today and the spectacular event will continue till November 27.
Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum along with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan inaugurated the five-day Dubai air show at the Dubai World Centre.
On her arrival at the venue, Sheikh Hasina was received by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is also the UAE Defence Minister.
The 2019 show will be built on the overwhelming success of the last event as more than 160 official delegations and 1,300 governmental and private companies from the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa are participating in the event that has become one of the top three air shows in the world.
The air display started at the Dubai World Central, Dubai’s airport of the future (also known as Dubai Al Maktoum International Airport) at 2pm and continued till 5pm.
The air show is expected to surpass the feats of Dubai air show of 2017, which concluded with an order book worth more than $113.8 billion.
The Dubai air show, which was first launched in 1989, has turned into a global platform for the aviation industry to sell its new wares, as the public and private sectors meet to discuss new technologies, opportunities, and hurdles facing the industry.
The UAE airlines are expected to steal the show at the region’s premiere aircraft exhibition by announcing a good number of new orders and confirming their previous deals.
Later, the premier will join a dinner to be hosted by Bangladesh Ambassador to the UAE Mohammad Imran in her honour at her place of residence, Shangril-La Hotel, at Abu Dhabi.
The premier arrived here on Saturday night on a four-day official visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to attend the Dubai Air Show-2019 and other programmes.
Sheikh Hasina attended the air show at the invitation of Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The foreign ministry sources said the prime minister will inaugurate the Election Commission’s programme to start the process of registering migrant Bangladeshis working in the UAE in the voter list and distributing smart NID cards among them on November 18 at the Bangladesh Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
After concluding the four-day visit to the UAE, the premier will return home on November 19.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan