PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
Published: 01:44 PM, 12 January 2020 Updated: 04:41 PM, 12 January 2020
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday joined the Akheri Munajat (final prayers) of the 55th Bishwa Ijtema as the first phase of the world’s largest Muslim congregation after the holy Hajj ended on the banks of the river Turag at Tongi.
Accompanied by her younger sister Sheikh Rehana, the prime minister took part in the munajat from her official Ganabhaban residence in the capital this morning.
State Minister for Religious Affairs Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah and officials and employees of the Prime Minister’s Office and Ganabhaban took part in the munajat from Ganabhaban.
A special prayer was offered on the occasion seeking continued peace, progress and welfare of the country as well as the greater unity of the Muslim Ummah.
Senior Islamic Scholar of Kakrail Mosque Hafez Maulana Mohammad Zobaer led the 35-minute prayer both in Bangla and Arabic languages.
Tens of thousands of Muslim devotees, including 2,000 foreigners, attended the Ijtema ignoring the inclement weather triggered by the bone-chilling cold sweeping over the country including the capital city.
The first phase of Bishwa Ijtema, which formally started with “ambayan” (general sermon) after Fazr prayers at dawn on Friday, ended with Akheri Munajat today.
In the three-day first phase Ijtema, noted ulema-mashaekhs in their sermons called for following the guidance of the holy Quran and Sunnah. The sermons were translated into different languages of the world.
The second phase of the Ijtema is scheduled to begin on January 17 at the same venue and it will end on January 19. The New Delhi-based Tablig-e-Jamaat has been organising the Ijtema since 1967. For managing the growing number of devotees coming from home and abroad, the holy congregation is being held in two phases since the year of 2011.
- Man, accused in 14 cases, killed in Kushtia gunfight
- Coronavirus in China gets incursive with death toll rising
- Litun Jira now wins scholarships
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services resume
- 172 students to get Prime Minister Gold Medal
- Death toll climbs to 18 in Delhi clashes
- Barcelona draw with Napoli
- ‘Coronavirus outbreak is inevitable in US’
- South Africa faces Australia today
- Paturia-Daulatdia ferry services suspended
- 2 motorcyclists killed in Demra road crash
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- 200 yrs old silver coins recovered from abandoned house
- Delhi clash: Death toll rises to 13
- Housewife committed suicide in Pirojpur
- Average life expectancy will be 80 by 2041
- Principal among 4 held for killing madrasa girl after rape
- $3 billion defense deal signed between US and India
- Deputy Health Minister of Iran contracts coronavirus
- Pranab, Bidhya Devi to address JS special session
- Realme launches ‘Made in Bangladesh’ phone
- `Maldives` experience should be utilized in tourism development`
- Pilkhana Tragedy: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- 2 pharmacies fined Tk 50,000 in Brahmanbaria
- Women dies in police custody
- Fraud smugglers detained with fake gold
- Japan to give more $ 10.7 million to aid Rohingya
- ‘No shortage in coronavirus test kits’
- Foods to take after exercise to reduce weight
- 6 Indian SC judges infected with swine flu
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- 15 new coronavirus cases in S Korea, bringing total to 46
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus reaches Iran: report
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- Mid-air plane collision in Australia kills 4
- 3 children among 4 dead in ‘horrific’ Australia car fire
- Video of principal’s dance in Hindi songs goes viral