PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
Published: 10:29 PM, 14 March 2019 Updated: 09:28 AM, 15 March 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina; File Photo
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will meet the newly elected leaders of the Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (Ducsu).
Prime Minister invited the newly elected representatives of Ducsu and its hall unions on Saturday afternoon.
Ducsu's newly elected VP Noor told Daily Bangladesh, “I heard the meeting of the Prime Minister at Ganabhaban on Saturday, but I still have not received any official invitation about this. However, if invited by the Prime Minister, we will definitely go. Because Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is the guardian of the country. If she is calling, then I will definitely meet.”
Quota Reform Movement leader Nurul Haque Noor won the post of vice president (VP) in Ducsu. Awami League student organization Chhatra League General Secretary Golam Rabbani won the post of General Secretary (GS).
Saddam Hossain, Chhatra League’s general secretary of Dhaka University unit, has won the post of Assistant General Secretary (AGS).
Chhatra League has won 23 of the 25 posts of Ducsu. The ruling student organization has won the VP-GS post with a majority of the 18 hall unions.
On Monday, students voted for 25 Ducsu posts as well as 13 hall unions after 28 years.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc