PM inaugurates country`s first 6-lane flyover
Published: 12:08 PM, 4 January 2018 Updated: 10:38 AM, 5 January 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Country`s first ever six-lane flyover at Mohipal in Feni on Dhaka-Chittagong highway on Thursday.
The Prime Minister inaugurated the flyover from her government residence- Ganabhaban through a video conference with the officials of Bangladesh Road Transport Corporation (BRTC) and passengers around 12 pm.
Mohipal Flyover has been completed by 34 Engineering Construction Brigade of Bangladesh Army and Road and Highways Division. The construction work of the project started on 1st April in 2015.
The length of the flyover is 660 meters while the width is 24.62 meters. The service road length is 1,370 meters while the service road width 7.5 meters, footpath length 2,210 meters. The flyover has 11 spans and 132 guarders.
Mohipal Flyover constructed at Mohipal of Feni district connected Dhaka-Chittagong and Feni-Laxmipur National Highways. The project at a cost of Taka 181.48 crore has been completed six month ahead of the schedule.
The prime minister said the Mohipal section was a `sorrow` for the travellers particularly for the inter-district passengers on this route. The flyover has been constructed considering their sufferings, she added.
The government has taken initiatives to keep the highways across the country dedicated for inter-district buses and introduce separate subways for local commuters, Sheikh Hasina said.
It will help reduce accident on the highways and make the travel more comfortable, she added.
- 96 new coronavirus deaths reported in China
- Spinach dilutes blood
- Human trafficker killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Coronavirus kills six in Iran
- Zimbabwe stuck in 265
- Two universities fined Tk 10 lakh each
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020