PM inaugurates country`s first 6-lane flyover
Published: 12:08 PM, 4 January 2018 Updated: 10:38 AM, 5 January 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the Country`s first ever six-lane flyover at Mohipal in Feni on Dhaka-Chittagong highway on Thursday.
The Prime Minister inaugurated the flyover from her government residence- Ganabhaban through a video conference with the officials of Bangladesh Road Transport Corporation (BRTC) and passengers around 12 pm.
Mohipal Flyover has been completed by 34 Engineering Construction Brigade of Bangladesh Army and Road and Highways Division. The construction work of the project started on 1st April in 2015.
The length of the flyover is 660 meters while the width is 24.62 meters. The service road length is 1,370 meters while the service road width 7.5 meters, footpath length 2,210 meters. The flyover has 11 spans and 132 guarders.
Mohipal Flyover constructed at Mohipal of Feni district connected Dhaka-Chittagong and Feni-Laxmipur National Highways. The project at a cost of Taka 181.48 crore has been completed six month ahead of the schedule.
The prime minister said the Mohipal section was a `sorrow` for the travellers particularly for the inter-district passengers on this route. The flyover has been constructed considering their sufferings, she added.
The government has taken initiatives to keep the highways across the country dedicated for inter-district buses and introduce separate subways for local commuters, Sheikh Hasina said.
It will help reduce accident on the highways and make the travel more comfortable, she added.
- T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
- Man dies of dengue in Mymensingh
- Vegetable vendor dies of dengue in Khulna
- Fish trader killed in Mirpur road crash
- ‘No existence of media owners without journalists’
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Rain may increase gradually in next 72hrs
- Rains lash India`s northern states, kills 30
- Cabinet’s meeting after 7wks
- ‘Allahar Dal’s ameer among 4 ‘militants’ held
- Major General dismissed for sexual harassment
- Massive cyberattack; List of affected websites
- Issues that will be discussed during Jayashankar’s visit
- Gibraltar rejects US request
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Kashmir outposts divided over status change
- 2 dead, 3 missing after boat sinks in Jamuna