PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
Published: 12:49 PM, 25 May 2019 Updated: 09:50 PM, 25 May 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has opened a new train Panchagarh Express on Dhaka-Panchagarh route.
On Saturday, she inaugurates it through a videoconference from Ganobhaban. With this, the train starts its maiden journey.
Later, ‘Panchagarh Express’ set out from Bir Muktijoddha Sirajul Islam Railway Station in Sadar Upazila where Railway Minister Nurul Islam Sujon was present.
The train will complete its 593-kilometer journey in 10 hours. It will leave Panchagarh at 12:15 pm and reach Dhaka at 10:35 pm. From there, it will leave at 12:10 am and reach Panchagarh at 10:45 am.
On its way, the train will stop at Ruhiya, Thakurgaon, Dinajpur, Parbotipur and Dhaka’s Airport Railway Station.
Thirty percent seats of the train will be allocated for Panchagarh, 30 percent for Dinajpur, 25 percent for Thakurgaon and 15 percent for Parbotipur.
The fare will be the same as Ekota Express and Drutojan Express.
Md Mosharaf Hossain, station master of Bir Muktijoddha Sirajul Islam Railway Station, said that Minister Sujon and other passengers will travel to Dhaka free of cost on the train’s maiden voyage.
- DU students block Shahabagh again
- 24 dead in arson attack at Japan studio
- GM Quader appointed JaPa chairman
- Rocky passed HSC by writing with wrist
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM
- Flood in Assam, death toll rises to 27
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra
- Third prime accused Rishan Farazi held
- Hearing on writ challenges rickshaw ban today
- Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- PM inaugurates ‘National Fisheries Week-2019’
- Water level of Jamuna rises, 50 villages flooded
- Elon Musk wants to merge human brains with AI
- New EvilGnome Backdoor Spies on Linux Users, Steals Their Files
- Message in a bottle written 50 yrs ago found in Australia
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- Old Dhaka building collapse: Father-Son’s bodies recovered
- Inzamam to step down as Pakistan chief selector
- Modeling early meteorite impacts on the moon
- Did Leonardo da Vinci have ADHD?
- ‘I am innocent’; claimed ex-OC Moazzem
- Kholi losing captaincy!
- 20 thou people victim in Patgram road collapse
- ICC breakes silence over overthrow controversy
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- PM urges PGR for highest professional sacrifice
- Saudi stops drone thrown by Yemeni rebels
- HSC examinee suicide crushed under train
- First child born in `Madina`
- All News »
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Senior sports journalist Ajay Barua dies
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Torrential rain marooned 30,000 people in Bandarban
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Drug trader killed in Teknaf gunfight
- England face Australia in high-voltage semis today