PM inaugurates ‘Hangsabalaka’
Published: 03:49 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 08:02 PM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today inaugurated and inspected the 2nd Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner ‘Hangsabalaka’ of Biman Bangladesh Airlines at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) this afternoon.
She inspected and boarded the aircraft at the VVIP Tarmac of the HSIA.
After boarding, the Premier went round different zones of the aircraft including the cockpit and talked to the officials of Biman.
A munajat was offered seeking continued peace, progress, and prosperity of the nation on the occasion.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Minister AKM Shahjahan Kamal, Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on the Ministry Muhammad Faruk Khan, senior officials of the Prime Minister’s Office and Bangladesh Biman were present at that time.
The new aircraft landed at HSIA on December 1. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
named the aircraft as ‘Hangsabalaka’.
The Dreamliner reached HSIA at 11:40 pm on December 1 as the 15th aircraft of the national flag carrier after making an uninterrupted 15-hour flight from the USA’s Seattle’s Boeing Factory.
Earlier, the Boeing authority handed over the ownership of the brand new aircraft to Biman’s Director (Flight Operation) Captain Farhat Hasan Jamil in Seattle on November 29.
The aircraft will make its debut on Dhaka-London route on December 10, Biman officials said.
Earlier, the first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, known as Akash Beena, arrived here on August 19 opening up a new era of modern aviation with latest modeled aircraft in Bangladesh Biman.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the first Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner on September 1 last.
The two Dreamliners will operate six flights on Dhaka-London route, four on Dhaka-Dammam route and three on Dhaka-Bangkok route in a week from December 10, the Biman officials said.
The 271-seat Boeing 787-8 has been designed as 20 percent fuel efficient carrier than the other aircraft. The airliner has the capacity to fly 16 hours nonstop with an average speed of 650 miles per hour.
It will provide its passengers with WiFi services at a height of 43,000 feet, allowing passengers to browse the internet or connect with their friends and family at any end of the world.
In 2008, Biman Bangladesh Airlines signed a US$2.1 billion agreement with Boeing to purchase 10 new aircraft.
Of these, Boeing has already delivered four 777-300ER’s, two 737-800’s and two Dreamliners to Biman.
Two more Dreamliners — Rajhangsha and Shankhachil — would be added to the Biman’s fleet by September next, the officials added.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor