PM greets tigers
Published: 10:37 AM, 18 June 2019 Updated: 03:09 PM, 18 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina congratulated Bangladesh National Cricket Team on their victory against West Indies in their crucial match of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
In a message, Sheikh Hasina greeted all the players, coach and officials of the national cricket team as well as Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) officials concerned for winning the match.
The premier also expressed the hope that the winning spree of the Bangladesh cricket team would continue in future.
Riding on the back-to-back tons by Shakib Al Hasan and a brisk half-century by Liton Das, Bangladesh registered a comfortable seven-wicket victory with 51 balls to spare against West Indies in their fifth game of the ongoing World Cup at Taunton on Monday.
Chasing a record total of 321 runs, the rampant Tigers reached the target scoring 322 runs for three in 41.3 overs.
The Prime Minister also talked to Shakib Al Hasan and Liton Das over the telephone for their outstanding performance in the match.
Shakib remained unbeaten on 124 off 99 balls with 16 fours while Liton was on 94 off 69 with eight fours and four sixes.
Bangladesh never won a game in World Cups chasing as many runs. This win brought the Tigers to the 5th position of the points table.
- Rain or thundershowers likely
- Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix get engaged
- Man accused in 18 cases killed in Bakshiganj gunfight
- DU gates locked for 2nd day
- Priya Saha to be interrogated after her return: Quader
- Father stabbed dead allegedly by son
- Taxicab, which falls into Turag, not traced even after 11 hrs
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Today’s sports on TV
- Lightning strikes kill 32 in Uttar Pradesh
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Minni on 5-day remand
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes