PM embarks on five-day China visit Monday
Published: 08:03 PM, 26 June 2019 Updated: 07:23 PM, 27 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina leaves Dhaka on Monday for China on a five-day official visit to attend the annual meeting of World Economic Forum (WEF) in Dalian and hold bilateral meetings with top Chinese leaders in Beijing.
During her visit, the Prime Minister will hold bilateral talks with her Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang and meet Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing, said sources at the Prime Minister’s Office.
A special flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying her and her entourage is scheduled to leave Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) in the afternoon.
After reception at Dalian Zhoushuizi International Airport, Dalian, Liaoning Province, on July 2, a ceremonial motorcade will escort the Prime Minister to Shangri-La Hotel, where she will be staying during the visit to Dalian, a port city in China’s Liaoning province.
In Dalian, a meeting titled ‘Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2019’, also known as WEF Summer Davos, will be held from July 1-3. The theme of the summit is ‘Leadership 4.0 – Succeeding in a New Era of Globalization’.
On July 2, the Prime Minister will attend the inaugural ceremony of the WEF Summer Davos at Dalian International Conference Center in the morning.
Sheikh Hasina will meet WEF Founder and Executive Chairman Klaus Schwab at his office and join a panel discussion on ‘Cooperation in the Pacific Rim’ at Dalian International Conference Centre in the afternoon.
On July 3, the Prime Minister will leave Dalian for Beijing at 11am by a special chartered flight to be provided by the Chinese government.
After reception at Beijing Capital International Airport, the Prime Minister in a ceremonial motorcade will be taken to Diaoyutai State Guest House, where she will be staying during her visit to Beijing, the Capital of China.
In the afternoon, she will join a community reception followed by a dinner at Legendale Hotel, Beijing.
On July 4, Sheikh Hasina will join the welcoming ceremony and place wreaths at the Heroes Memorial at the Great Hall of the People in the morning.
Later, she will hold bilateral talks with Chinese PM Li Keqiang and attend the agreement signing ceremony at the Great Hall of the People. The Prime Minister will join a banquet to be hosted by the Chinese Prime Minister at the Great Hall of the People.
She will attend a business roundtable with Chinese business leaders at CCPIT in the afternoon the same day.
On July 5, the Prime Minister is scheduled to deliver a speech at an event to be organized by a Chinese think tank, “Pangoal Institution”, in the morning.
The CEOs of Chinese companies are expected to meet Sheikh Hasina at her place of residence and will hold a meeting with Chairman of NPC Li Zhangshu.
The Prime Minister will hold a meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Diaoyutai State Guest House in the afternoon. She will also join a banquet to be hosted by the Chinese president at the same place.
Wrapping up her China visit, the Prime Minister will depart Beijing Capital International Airport for Dhaka at 11am local time on July 6 and arrive at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) here at 1:35pm Bangladesh time on the same day.
More than 1,800 leaders from government, business, civil society, academia and the arts come together in Dalian next week for the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting of the New Champions 2019.
The meeting will spur leaders to find new strategic models to adapt to the world’s environmental challenges, regional competition, economic disparities and technological disruption.
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- Habits that extremely harmful for liver
- Rain likely to increase, temperature may fall
- Advance train tickets to be sold at 5 spots
- Fire breaks out at CMCH Psychiatry department
- 25 schoolgirls fall sick from laughing too much
- ‘Lion King’ roars as surpassing ‘Avengers’ record
- Ronaldo will not face rape charges
- Critical security flaw found in VLC Player
- Two robbers killed in Sundarbans gunfight
- Large-scale government data hacks in Russia, Bulgaria
- Mehazabien with new story
- Shinzo Abe wins Japan’s upper house poll
- National Public Service Day-2019 today
- Renu lynched in Badda: 2 more held
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- How to get HSC result
- Minni sent to jail
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Humanity for animal !
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case