PM distributes National Film Awards
Published: 06:49 PM, 8 December 2019 Updated: 07:55 PM, 8 December 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
The National Film Awards 2017 and 2018 were distributed among the winners at a gala ceremony at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) on Sunday.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina handed over the awards, the highest recognition to the contribution of artistes in Bangladeshi films, as the chief guest at the BICC this afternoon.
Earlier on November 7, the names of the recipients of the National Film Award 2017 and 2018 were announced in 27 and 28 categories respectively.
Eminent film actor ATM Shamsuzzaman and actress Salma Begum Sujata jointly won the lifetime achievement award of 2017 for their contributions to the film industry while actor, producer and director MA Alamgir and actor Prabir Mitra won the lifetime award for 2018.
‘Dhaka Attack’ won the best film award of 2017 while ‘Putro’ won the award for 2018.
Badrul Anam Soud has been adjudged the best director for his film ‘Gohin Baluchar’ for 2017 and Mustafizur Rahman Manik won the award for film ‘Jannat’ for 2018.
Shakib Khan Rana better known by his screen name Shakib Khan, and Mahbubul Arefin Shuvo were jointly named the best actor for the leading role in the film ‘Satta’ and ‘Dhaka Attack’ respectively for 2017.
Ferdous Ahmed and Sadik Md Saiman (Saiman Sadik) have been adjudged for the best actor for films ‘Putra’ and ‘Jannat’ respectively for 2018.
The best actress in leading role award 2017 went to Nusrat Imrose Tisha for film ‘Halda’ while Joya Ahsan won the award for 2018 for her role in film ‘Debi’.
The best actor in supporting role award 2017 went to Md Shahadat Hossain for ‘Gahin Baluchar’ while Ali Raz won the award for 2018 for ‘Jannat’.
The best-supporting actress award 2017 jointly went to Subarna Mustafa and Runa Khan for their films ‘Gahin Baluchar’ and ‘Halda’ while Sucharita won the award for 2018 for film ‘Meghkonya’.
Zahid Hasan was awarded the best villain in the film ‘Halda’ for 2017 while Sadeq Bachchu won the award for 2018 for the film ‘Ektee Cinemar Golpo’.
M Farid Ahmed Hajra bagged the best music director’s award for the film ‘Tumi Robe Nirobe’ for 2017 while Emon Saha won the award for film Jannat for 2018.
Mahfuz Anam James has adjudged the best male singer for his song ‘Tor Premete Andho’ in the film ‘Satta’ for 2017 while Naimul Islam Ratul won the award for his song ‘Jodi Dukkho Chhuye’ in the film ‘Putra’ for 2018.
Mamtaz Begum was adjudged the best female singer for her song ‘Na Jani Kon Aporadhe’ in the film ‘Satta’ for 2017 while the award for 2018 jointly went to Sabina Yasmin for her song ‘Bhule Man Oviman’ in film ‘Putra’ and Akhi Alamgir for her song ‘Golpo Kothar Oi’ in film ‘Ektee Cinemar Golpo’.
In the best documentary category ‘Bishwa Anginai Amar Ekushey’ was awarded the best film, and Bangladesh Television was awarded for it for 2017 while ‘Rajadhiraj Razzak’ was adjudged the best film for 2018 and Faridur Reza Sagar was awarded for it.
‘Galpo Sangkhepe’ was awarded the best short film award, and Bangladesh Film and Television Institute got the awarded for 2018.
The best actor (children) for 2018 went to Fahim Muhatasim for the film ‘Puthro’.
In the best makeup man category, Md Javed Mian has been awarded for film ‘Dhaka Attack’ in 2017 and Farhad Reza Milan in 2018.
The other awardees are Rita Hossain for costume for film ‘Tumi Robe Nirobe’ in 2017, and Sadia Hossain Santu for film ‘Puthro’ in 2018, Ripon Nath for sound recording for film ‘Dhaka Attack’ in 2017 and Azam Babu for film ‘Puthro’ in 2018, Komal Chandra Das for photography for film ‘Gahin Baluchar’ in 2017 and ZH Mintu for film ‘Post Master 71’ in 2018.
Uttam Kumar Guha bagged the best art director award for films ‘Gahin Baluchar’ in 2017 and ‘Ekti Chinemar Galop’ in 2018. Md Kalam has been awarded the best editor award for the film ‘Dhaka Attack’ in 2017 and Tarique Hossain for the film ‘Puthro’ in 2018.
Besides, Badrul Alam Soud received the best dialogue writer award for film ‘Gahin Baluchar’ in 2017 and SM Harun-or-Rashid for film ‘Puthro’ in 2018. Shuvashis Majumder Bappa has been awarded as the best musician for film ‘Satta’ in 2017 while Runa Laila for the film ‘Ekti Chinemar Galpo’ in 2018.
Azad Bulbul bagged the best story writer for film ‘Halda’ in 2017 while Sudipto Sayeed Kahn for film ‘Jannat’ in 2018. Sezul Hossain has been awarded as best lyricist for the film ‘Satta’ in 2017 and Kabir Bakul and Julfikar Russel for films ‘Nayak’ and ‘Puthro’ in 2018.
Information Secretary Abdul Malek delivered the welcome address.
Information Minister Dr. Hasan Mahmud presided over the function, while State Minister for Information Dr. Md Murad Hassan and Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Information Ministry Hasanul Haq Inu were present as the special guests.
- Bone-shaking winter again!
- 7 devotees die at 2nd phase Ijtema
- Today’s Sports on TV
- 2nd Phase Akheri Munajat today
- President asks NDC graduates to uphold forces image
- Kathbirali releases in Switzerland
- Traditional horse race in Madhupur
- US military dispatches over 70 trucks to Syria
- Woman crushed under train in Gopalganj
- Farmers worried of Boro cultivation
- Students to bear computers instead of books
- 10 pairs of marriage arranged Saturday at Ijtema
- World`s shortest mand dies
- Bangladesh starts U-19s WC with win
- Wedelia can cure hair loss forever!
- 2 detained with yaba in Brahmanbaria
- Father killed 40 days innocent girl dropping into water
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- 7 snatcher detained in capital
- SSC-equivalent exam rescheduled
- Child wounded by outsider’s pelting in running train
- Now Trump attacks Khamenei
- Unidentified man found dead in Kaliganj
- Siblings drowned in Barishal
- Soroj Mehedi becomes brand ambassador of TRIOGM
- Bangabandhu played politics for the country’s dev: Minister
- Recruitment in PHP
- 5 held with marijuana in Sirajganj
- Elderly woman killed in Trishal road crash
- 2 cousins drown in Rajshahi
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- Queen, Prince Harry to hold talks over Sussexes’ future
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- DU expels 63 students for life
- 11 killed in US storm-flood