PM directed not to buy ‘DEMU’ train more
Published: 05:21 PM, 16 July 2019 Updated: 05:23 PM, 16 July 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has ordered to not buy Diesel Electric Multi-Unit (Demu) train any more. She said, earlier Demu trains have not been of much benefit to passengers and many have been wasted. So this train will not be bought again.
The Prime Minister gave this directive at the meeting of the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) held at the NEC conference room in Sher-e-Bangla Nagar in the capital on Tuesday morning, while Prime Minister and ECNEC chairperson Sheikh Hasina was in the chair.
Sources said, as the Planning Minister MA Mannan in abroad now, the Planning Division Secretary Md. Nurul Amin told the media at the press conference after the meeting, on behalf of him. In today's ECNEC meeting, Although the proposal of DEMU collection project for the launch of a shuttle train between Bangabandhu Highway Park and Dhaka, was presented to the Prime Minisater, she ordered to make change, without passing it.
In this context, Secretary Nurul Amin said that the Prime Minister said about the DEMU project, there are many Demu trains earlier, and those were seen troubled when passengers loaded in them. That's why the Prime Minister has asked to amend the project to collect another train instead of Demu. For this, it has not been approved.
He said, instead of Demu train, another train will be provided. The Prime Minister instructed that there will be no new Demu trains yet. The Prime Minister has also directed to launch a non-stop train from Dhaka to Kaliakoir.
Pointing to the Prime Minister's instruction, Nurul Amin said that a train to Kaliakoir will be available from Dhaka directly. This arrangement should be kept. The rest will left in any station. The Prime Minister has proposed to launch such a project by examining.
In the ECNEC meeting, Agriculture Minister Abdur Razzak, Information Minister Hasan Mahmud, Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperatives Minister Tajul Islam, Education Minister Dipu Moni, Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun, Health and Family Welfare Minister Zahid Malek, Commerce Minister Tipu Munshi, Housing and Public Works Minister SM Rezaul Karim, Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change Md. Shahab Uddin, Land Minister Saifuzzaman Chowdhury and concerned state ministers of ministries and officials were present among others.
- UAE woman seeks divorce for loving her too much!
- 3 including mother-son killed in Faridpur road crash
- 8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
- Road fill with holes!
- Sylhet Sixers’ payment dispute with BCB solved
- 185 killed in 135 road crash during Eid holidays
- Modi to receive ‘Order of Zayed’
- Sri Lanka 244 all out in 1st innings
- Pori Moni spreads warmth in dawn’s avatar
- Magura police explained ban on shaggy style haircutting
- SAFF U-15 Championship: Bangladesh take on SL
- 4 Bangladeshis killed in Medina road crash
- Two RAB ASPs promoted as Addl SP
- Dengue claims minor child in M’singh
- Baby alive though trains passed over!
- Bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing, kills 6
- Mim offers night call over phone
- Why is part of the Amazon burning?
- Father kills son in Sherpur
- Youth stabbed dead resisting rape; Criminal lynched
- T-Aman paddy farming progressing fast in Gaibandha
- Kashmir: How living people in strict lockdown
- India’s ex-Finance Minister Arun Jaitley dies
- Rain likely at many places
- President, PM pay tributes to Muzaffar Ahmed
- Color responsible for your sleep deprivation?
- Tisha in relation; actress says ‘best friend’
- 2 Rohingyas, suspects in JL leader murder, killed in gunfight
- Walking beyond political obstacles, challenges
- President, PM mourns death of Prof Muzaffar Ahmed
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- PEC exam schedule published
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!